Thread: Cannot kill hanged programs

Cannot kill hanged programs

I have installed the Windows XP service pack 2 in my computer and facing some problem with that. Actually when I use it then I found that many of the programs get hanged. Normally when any of the issue like this happens then I used to kill that process from the Task manager and that works well. But this time it is not working. This is very strange. I am not able to understand that what is the problem with that and how can it be solved. I have tried many things from my side but all of them were not working for me. Can you please tell me some possible solution for this?

Re: Cannot kill hanged programs

This is seemed to be the problem with the operating system (Windows XP in your case) that is installed in your computer and so you are getting the problem like this. My suggestion to you is to do the repair to the system and this can solve the problem for you. It is very simple to do that. Just boot from the bootable OS CD and when it asks for the kind of installation then you will have to select Repair and press enter. Now it will do rest of the things on itself. Once it is completed with the process then system will be restarted and your problem might be solved.

It can be problem due to virus attack on your computer and that is the reason that you are facing the issue like this. Have you installed some antivirus in your computer? If not then install a good one into your computer and scan the entire system with that. But before scanning, you should make sure that you have updated the virus definition in your computer. If that is not updated then there are chances that it will miss some threads and problem will persist in the system. I wish that this will solve the issue for you.

It is also possible that the program that you are running or the program that is creating the problem for you is corrupted and so it is showing the issue for you. So my suggestion to you is to uninstall that from your computer and then install that again in your system. This will create all the new files for that program and if the problem was due to the corrupted program then this time you will not see any of the issues like that. So just try this and let me know if that solve the problem for you.

Have you tried all the possible solution for solving the issue? If none of them is helping you then there is only one and last solution and that is to do the clean installation of the operating system once again. Keep in mind that you will have to do the clean installation and not the repair of the system as suggested above. Make this as a last alternative for solving the issue. There are more chances that this will solve the problem for you.