Thread: PC hangs with Linux Mint 10

PC hangs with Linux Mint 10

I am having the Linux Mint 10 installed on my computer and I would like to tell you that I have all the necessities specified for correct operation. Also there was a smooth installation on my computer. After getting things completed I have seen all the things working fine but the system after working for some time began to hang. Is there something you all can help me? I will be glad to know if possible a way out of this problem of freezing the Linux Mint 10. I have 2 GB of RAM and ATI Radeon graphics card to name a few of the list. At first I had seen that the system was working well, but after a few days of use I have seen this kind of problem here. Now I've seen that after booting the system is found only in the frozen state. Any suggestions on how I can get to recover from this.

Re: PC hangs with Linux Mint 10

Looking at the problem, it seems that the load on system of yours is excessively elevated and therefore you may be receiving the item there. Have you prepared a dual boot system or do you have installed a number of applications and therefore you will not find the problem. It may have happened that some of the processes may be taking excessive RAM functionality. If this is the case, then I'd like to see if you can make Linux run through the virtual machine and see if it can solve some of the problem there. I am sure that doing so will not only enjoy the other operating system but in addition also see both the OS work flawlessly there. Let me know if I was right.

No, I do not think the problem may be caused due to lack of RAM. In fact you cannot, but in his case. You mentioned you have 2 GB of Ram and therefore seems to me that this much should really take charge of the system being discussed. I really think that some of the applications that could be causing the problem and if that is indeed the case, then let me tell you that will be great if you can kill the offending application. These are the steps to be followed. In Gnome, you must add an applet called as "Force Quit in the panel. You can do this by right clicking on the panel and then select Add Group. Then, under this option, you must select the applet Force Exit. Run the applet "Force Quit and you will see a window asking you to kill the application. If you click any of the applications are then killed there.

Here I am with another solution and see if you can really get in your way. You must start the terminal and you'll have to type the following command there: gnome-keyboard-properties. After this, go to the GNOME, GNOME, you should choose the system after the keyboard and then select Preferences. Then after this you have to see to the Layouts option once you find it, go into this option and make a tick in the box there so that this option can be enabled. In fact, you will need to use the Ctrl + Alt + Backspace to the X server in Linux can be closed. Follow the steps and let me know if things really go the way as specified above. This key combination Ctrl + Alt + Backspace actually allowed the screen to continue in the event of an accident. You have to edit as root the file / etc/X11/xorg. conf and add the following lines:
    • Section "ServerFlags"
    • Option "DontZap" "False"
    • EndSection

It will be actually a superior choice if you can utilize the following commands otherwise pgrep xkill as well as kill. Xkill command line application functions the similar method like the force quit panel applet. You can provide this command a try for once. If there is any problem with the terminal window, ie if it is locked, then you can change some terminal window. You must use the CTRL-ALT-F1. Now run this command pgrep-l appname. You can know the ID of the process after running the above command. After you have to run the kill command, which is the ID of the process. After killing the process, you will have to make a profit and that is with the use of CTRL-ALT-F7. To see if the suggestions made here really works.

According to me, it looks like that you will have to use the magic SysRq, therefore you have recovered the frozen system. Please utilize this command in condition when Ctrl + Alt + Backspace do not do anything. You have to press the Alt and SysRq (Print Screen) keys. By simultaneously pressing the keys you have to type the following key: REISUB. If you cannot see the SysRq key on your keyboard and then let me tell you it's the same as Print Screen key. After the successful entry of the command you will see the boot. There are some of the meanings of the keys that I had the opportunity to seek: I give control to the keyboard, and start signal the end, I start a termination signal; B reboots the system. We hope you find that descriptive.