Thread: Windows 7 Start Menu Worthless, appeared as a folder, not a menu

Windows 7 Start Menu Worthless, appeared as a folder, not a menu

I am having an issue in my windows 7 compatible Del inspiron one desktop computer; the start menu of my system is appearing as a folder instead of a menu. This was running fine till the last date, but suddenly I encountered this problem. All of the folders also the application launch icons are appeared as a shortcut. I tried many of the tricks, but nothing was helped me to resolve this. Suggest me something to overcome from this problem.

Re: Windows 7 Start Menu Worthless, appeared as a folder, not a menu

What type of trick did you applied or tried in your system, the problem that you posted here, might be occurring for the virus file, after that I was also searched on this problem in different web sites, but nothing was not helped ,me, after that I simply scan my whole system with a up to date antivirus program, and by this process the virus was detected and the problem was resolved, so I also recommend you to try once to scan your system with the updated antivirus program, I hope this will surely help you to resolve the issue.

According to me, the problem might also be occurred for the explorer, because I was also facing this type of problem, after encountered the problem I did a researched on this, along with this also consult with a technical person, and he suggest me to proceed for the explorer process, I recommend you to try with this process, for this ping to the task manager and then proceed to the process tab, under that stop the process execution of explorer.exe and then again start the process of windows explorer from file menu option.

As per my opinion, I would like to suggest you try to change the look of the start menu from properties by right click on task bar, choose other look of the start menu from the list, and then check whether the problem is still persists or not. I hope it will help you to recover the issue. I was also facing relevant type of problem, after that by the recommendation of one of my friend I also did this process and the problem was solved. I hope it will also help you to overcome from the problem.

I would like to recommend you to restore the system with a specific date and time where the problem was not encountered, for that open start menu and from the system toll under accessories click on system restore option, it will show you the system restore points those were created in the earliest, select the desire date and time to restore your system and terminate the process. wait till the process execution completes and will directs you to reboot your system, I hope this process will surely help you to resolve the issue.

I am also facing a peculiar type of problem in my system with the start menu, though I can figure out whether this is for the start menu or for any other cause. The problem is whenever I open the start menu by click on it, the desktop screen freezes for few minute and along with the system graphics also flickers, I applied the above tricks to resolve this, but nothing helped me. I am a little confused whether this happening for the start menu or for the graphical interface, where as they problem is happening regarding the graphical interface. Any suggestion for me to resolve this issue, will be appreciated greatly.

If the problem that you mentioned, think that it is happening for the graphical interface, then first of all check the graphics setting of you system, along with also be sure that the graphics driver is with the up to dated firmware version. Apart from that if all of them are working properly and there is no issue with the graphics setting, then try once by reload the graphics driver in your system. I hope it will somehow help you. As per the first problem that is posted here, if still the problem persists after applying the above mentioned processes then I suggest you try the last technique for this issue, proceed for a fresh installation of the operating system that you are using in your system.