Thread: Cannot log in to Toshiba satellite laptop

Cannot log in to Toshiba satellite laptop

I am having an problem with my Toshiba laptop, just after when I turn it on, it loads the Toshiba screen, then mechanically goes to a black page among a little color box, where all the font are in Chinese, and prompt me for a password. I cannot boot from CD and I cannot skip straight to BIOs it just gets me right back to this color box inquiring for a password. It is my guess. I do not know a lot about computer so please answer if you can actually want to help me.

Re: Cannot log in to Toshiba satellite laptop

The best technique to reset a BIOS password, it is depending upon the what bios has in computer. Common BIOS's contain Award, IBM, AMI, and Phoenix. Frequent other BIOS's do exist, A few BIOS's allow you to need a password be entered previous to the system will boot. Some BIOS's permit you to need a password to be entered previous to the BIOS setup may be entered. The common categories of solutions to rearrange a BIOS password are using a Backdoor BIOS Password, Rearranging the BIOS Password through Software, Rearranging the BIOS Password through Hardware.

As you said after reading your problem it sounds like the hard disk drive is encrypted with a password. You require to find another hard disk drive (you can use any elder one from another computer) and to try to observe if it at rest prompts you for password. Those other two methods are for BIOS passwords. The hard disk drive password is a different ball of wax. Possibly you get the solution after using another HDD. I hope this will solve your problem as soon as possible.

The best way is to try to reflash the bios. First off, you cannot immediately pull the mainboard battery you require to short the link to drain the capacitors and really clear the computer. On many this can be complete through merely taking the jumper usually labeled computers clear. You should short it for 1 minute to assurance the bios are gone. then you require to insert a bootable floppy among your bios and a flash utility compatible among your bios on it.