Thread: Pictures are showing in icon instead of thumbnail on windows 7.

Pictures are showing in icon instead of thumbnail on windows 7.

I had purchased a new system. It came with Windows 7 Home edition. The system is proper. I had copied some of my images and videos in it. When I open a folder I can only see image icon. While in my Dad's laptop I can see thumbnails. I am not able to figure out why this does not appear properly on my system. Both the system have the same OS.

Re: Pictures are showing in icon instead of thumbnail on windows 7.

This can be a theming issue. Try to change the themes and test back. If you had kept the theme on minimal through Performance section then you won't be able to see images. Here right click on the desktop and click on personalization. Change the theme and then check back. This will be enough to fix the problem. But if this is not working then you will have to run system restore.

To fix this thing you have to go in Advance System Properties. Go in that and then click on Settings under Performance. Select Adjust for best appearance. Restart your pc once so that all settings provided are restored. That's it. The thumbnails will be visible. If this does not work then you might have some issue with internal settings. Try to run windows update and check whether you get any fix for that or not.

Your thumbnail preview is disabled due to which you are getting that problem. You have to enable that back again. You can find the settings for that in Folder Option. Just go in it. Go under Files & Folder. Remove the tick from Always show icons, never thumbnails. That's it. This will be enough to fix the issue. Then go back in the folder where all the images are saved. You would be able to see thumbnails.

If still you are not able to see the thumbnails then it means that it is damaged. You can restore the settings through system restore. But if that also fails to work then the only option left is to use a good image manager. Like ACDSee. This is a nice tool that gives you amazing image listing in thumbnail format and you can also edit as per your need.