Thread: Bad bios present in MSI 790FX-GD70 is giving error.

Bad bios present in MSI 790FX-GD70 is giving error.

hello friends, I have a certain issues in the MSI 790FX-GD70, the thing is I had recently brought this motherboard from the vendor, I tried booting the system after I installed the CPU and the Ram in it, I noticed that the BIOS which were present in the motherboard was out dated. After I found that I attempted to flash with the help of M-flash also I did the drive as per the MSI instruction, after selecting to flash with the help of M-flash it started to erase the bios setting that were present in it, till the procedure reached 70 % everything was working fine but after that the whole screen turned black, after I coming out from that I rebooted the system. After that I have never heard the beep sound in it, according to me I must have corrupted the bios which is now being not working properly, restoring with the boot block is not even helping me, what to do now.

re: Bad bios present in MSI 790FX-GD70 is giving error.

Hello there, I went through your problem and it seems very difficult to overcome that without anyone help, even if someone help you it will be not help any ways, the only way to get rid of this is to sent the motherboard for replacement or for repair as they are in the warranty period, so just try with that and see, I would like you to give solution but it would be risky, as most of the thing that you have to do will be very complex and it will also damage the other parts that are working properly so just go for the replacement of the device.

Did you tried working on one of the memory stick that is available in the motherboard I know this will not work for most of the time, but it not bad in just giving a try, the only thing I can understand is that the cpu will be giving heat but it will not work, also try to restore the bios so that some of the help will be available for you if you want to work with it, try different tool in the internet that will help you to get the bios in the current state of working.

Hello people, I too have the same issue that you people are discussing about, the thing is very annoying and bit irritating and I did the mistake of updating the bios to the higher version, after this I tried to reboot the PC but before that I tried to clear the cmos button for three second and then I went to the back to the bios, set m-flash to read the ext. floppy and help to rebuild the bios and set up the config as normal, but after this the PC was working fine as the normal. But still the problem is been existing in some part of the device which is not been able to work properly.

Have you cleared the cmos setting in the computer after you tried various thing in the system, it is very simple remove the power cord from the system and then press the power button for some time once you have done that remove the cmos jumper to clear all the value that were previously present in it, you can do that by changing the position of the jumper from up to down on the mother board, once you have done that then relocate the jumper to its normal place now connect the power supply and then check if the cmos is been cleared or not.