Thread: Shortcut stays in games folder, Unable to remove or delete

Shortcut stays in games folder, Unable to remove or delete

I am running a Windows 7 operating system on my machine and I have got stuck to move the shortcut of the game folder. I have just installed the new game on my machine and when I created the shortcut of this game then it got pasted in the same folder. I am trying to move it some other folder but it is not at all working. Can somebody tell me that what could be wrong here?

Re: Shortcut stays in games folder, Unable to remove or delete

I have gone through the problem about which you are talking here. Actually as soon as I installed the game, I created the shortcut for it but it was not at all moving from that folder. But finally I solved this problem, Even I am running a Windows 7. Go to the
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameUX registry
    and then Expand
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameUX\S-1-5-21-1024406848-2370630625-919077267-1000
    (It may be something different). Go through the each folder and then check the title generally under most of the binary data. Now choose the folder where your link is presented and delete it.

Same concerns as me, but for a shortcut for the application ... The application was uninstalled but the shortcut still there and impossible to remove. The method that has functioned in my case (I'm also on Vista) is a simple right click on the icon and ... update. pof! With me, it disappears instantly. The easiest method for this problem under vista shortcut on the desktop refusing to be renamed or deleted after uninstalling the program, right click anywhere on the desktop and choose 'Refresh', the shortcut disappear instantly.

I had the same problem. just make a decoy.

1. right-click the shortcut not deletable, choose "rename" Shortcut to copy the name (of course it can not be renamed).

2. go into the folder "recent" take any shortcut and copy the shortcut name (rename).

3. Believes the shortcut and the file to which it refers is present again in "recent" and then it can normally be removed easily.

I had this problem in which a file that I have downloaded was not getting deleted, despite the download finishes, I have even tried ccleaner. Being a little logical, I tried that to recreate a fake archive of the same name. So I go to Archive winrar, I appoint as my file that I want to delete. I move my file to the archive, but again the same error message (file not found...), such as winrar (the file is corrupted ..)... Look at your office or where your file was .. There is more ...=). You only have to send the archive to the trash, and you're set =). Hoping this can sort out your problem.

If shortcuts have been removed but yet come into view in a search, this just means that the search index has not had time to update and eliminate references to those files. You can vigor the re-indexing. Go to the Control Panel and open the Indexing Options by double clicking on it. Click Advanced, click the Index Settings tab, and then click Back. If you are provoked for an administrator password or confirmation, then type the password.