Thread: Desktop shortcut icons are very small in size

Desktop shortcut icons are very small in size

Hi all, I am having some problem with the icon size in my laptop. I have installed the Windows XP service pack 2 to my computer. Now I have observed the desktop shortcut icon those are there on my laptops screen becomes small at the center of that. Can you tell me that why this is happening to me? All other icons are proper in the size as that should be. I have tried many things that I know to solve the problem that was just waste of time. Please help me. I will appreciate each and every reply on this. Thank you.

Re: Desktop shortcut icons are very small in size

I would like to tell you that Microsoft has its own standard to define the size of the image that represents the icon on the desktop, it does not want any zoomed image on the desktop. Usually the icon is set to low resolution set out in Table icons. Therefore there is one solution is which you include is to download icons. For instance, if you desire to download yahoo icon so click on the Web site shortcut as well as click Properties and choose change icon and browse the location where you downloaded icon. After you download the icon, probably the size of the icon and the image looks great. Try it and let me know if it works or not.

I am also having the same problem as it is given above. And I would like to tell you that what you have recommended to this is to expand the size of the icon. I have already given attempt to that and that helped me and the image and the icon seems greatly bigger but what regarding the problem of the icons of extra, what should I perform to increase the image. As mentioned before, the icon size is perfect, but not the size of the image. I suggest some measures that I can stretch the image and expand icon. Are there any solutions available so please let me know soon.

As it is already mentioned before in the earlier post that Windows is maintained normal default size of the icon is, 16 x 16. There will be bigger than that. While in Windows 7 are options to see the icons in the middle and the point of view of large size. Anyway talking about the image of the icons no specific way that can only increase the size of the image inside the icon. What you can do is download the icons for the web pages available on the Internet. By downloading images and performing the task as suggested by me before you can add multiple icons on the desktop that are new and appear larger. Now there may be some change in the size of the icon on the website will be several different, but not both. So, for this solution instead of worrying about the size of the image on its icon. Let me know if it works.

There might be some of the problem with the operating system that you have installed in your computer and that is the problem that you are facing the problems like this. You can try the steps that are given above and see if that is able to help you or not. If that is not able to help you then you can move to repair the system. To do that, just insert the bootable CD of operation system in your computer and boot from the CD. When it ask for the kind of installation that you need then you will have to select the option for repair. It will do the rest f the things ion its own. When that is finished with that then your computer will be rebooted. After that, check that if the problem is gone or not?

If none of the solution is helping you then the only option left for you is to do the complete installation of the operating system in your computer. This can solve the problem for you. But before this you should check that you have done all the possible solution for this and make this as the last option to resolve the problem. I hope that you will be out of the issue soon. Thank you.