Thread: Windows 7: How to prevent Application Stealing Focus?

Windows 7: How to prevent Application Stealing Focus?

I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. I think the it is the one of the best operating system which I have seen ever. Well I am having a particular requirement and I am looking for the solution for the same. I want to prevent the application to get stealing focus on the Windows 7 of mine. ant suggestion to meet the requirement of mine would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7: How to prevent Application Stealing Focus?

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am providing following solution which you can use to fix the problem of yours.
    • You have to click on the Start button and go for Run and enter regedit and click on Ok button
    • Now you have to click on the plus which is given near to HKEY_CURRENT_USER then go for Control Panel and then go for Desktop.
    • Now you need to alter DWORD value for the ForegroundLockTimeout and set 00030d40.
    • Once it is get completed restart the computer of yours.

I am having a simple solution to fix the problem of yours. well it consist of the following thing.
    1. You have to click on the Start button and go for Control Panel. You have to go for ease of access. Now you have to click on ease of access center and click on make mouse easier to use.
    2. Finally you have top uncheck ‘Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse’ checkbox.
    3. Now restart the computer and see whether there is any change in the situation.

In this particular situation you have to download Tweak UI from the official website. Well this is a free software which is provided by the Microsoft. You have to download and install the software on the computer of yours. this particular software is mainly used to make lots of changes on the computer of yours. otherwise you need to edit the registry of the computer which is quite problematic. Well I don’t know how to use this particular software but you can ask over here for the same to the other users on this forum.

Well I know the usage of Tweak UI and it consists of the following steps.
    • You have to click on the Start button and go for All Programs and click on the Tweak UI.
    • In Tweak UI you have to click on the + which is located near the General.
    • Now go for Focus. You have to click on Prevent applications from stealing focus checkbox in order to uncheck the same.
    • Finally click on OK button.
    • After performing above mentioned steps there would be with the steal focus of the program.

I think this is the major usability issue for this particular operating system. If you are having latest computer with the best configuration and windows simply popup with stealing foucs and restarting prompt whenever you are trying to do multiple things on the computer of yours. you will not be able to do multitasking without getting any interruption while doing the same. I am hoping that there would be an option by the operating system.

You are completely wrong about the point of yours in the previous thread. Well Microsoft is not responsible to changing the behavior of any programs. In fact you need to contact the developer of that particular program and ask them to change the code of the program which is not working properly. I am hoping that developer of the program would help you to fix the problem of yours. let me know whether your problem is fixed or not.