Thread: My TV not supported latest ubuntu 10.04 kernel

My TV not supported latest ubuntu 10.04 kernel

I lately bought a Television at anywhere E-Duo card for my home theater computer only to find out that it is not hold on the most recent ubuntu 10.04 kernel. Are there plans to release a Linux driver for the card? If not could anybody point out the hardware specs (chipset information) that this card uses so I can further investigate this? If anyone know about this so tell me the solution it is nice for my knowledge.

Re: My TV not supported latest ubuntu 10.04 kernel

I read your problem on this forum and I try to search the solution for this kind of problem but I am unable to find out the proper solution for your question and lastly I would like to told suggest you that you need to Contact to MSI and notice what they say. I also discussed to many users but also said the same thing no one will be capable to help you now finally if MSI will help you so it’s better for you. I hope you try it and then see what happened.

In my opinion there are no such drivers available for Linux and do not think people will be launching msi drivers for Linux in the near future, so it is useless to go to the specific product you have. You have to look good for some other options such as opting for another operating system or totally disregard the card you have purchased. I think the second option would be beneficial for you. So I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.

Yes I have the same opinion with the on top of user and even I am of the opinion that most card manufacturers do not provide any driver for the Linux operating system. Linux has its own drivers for systems and therefore it is very difficult to find the driver for Linux. One thing I found for you is that the chipset requirements that may be wanted for the card is the Next experience (Philips), the sequence SAA716x tuner chipset. I think it would be perfect for you. So try to have a look at it and let me know what the progress of your case.

I controlled to go a small further and found that there is a driver for chipset cards SAA716x on development here. The development of this does not work for the MSI card because the driver does not have specific information about the construction of PCI IDs. I will create a patch for this driver and I managed to create the driver classify the card and load the required code for tda10048 saa7160et and the chips that the card has. I hope this information will help you.