Thread: Only can access desktop icon from taskbar "show desktop", need help

Only can access desktop icon from taskbar "show desktop", need help

I am facing a peculiar type of problem in my IBM Lenovo Y550 laptop; this is running with windows 7 OS. The system I recently purchased, there was no problem occurred before that, all of the functions and the installed application was running fine. Suddenly I encountered a problem in my newly purchased system, the desktop icons is missing in after every boot the system I need to right click on task bar and from the list I need to click on show desktop, after that only the desktop icons are displayed. I am just disappointed with this problem, and this happening with me since from the last few weeks. What should I do now to resolve this? Any suggestion for me to overcome from the problem, input freely.

Re: Only can access desktop icon from taskbar "show desktop", need help

This is occurring for the virus, because I was also facing this problem in just few weeks ago, and after a research on this I found that this can be happened for the virus file, for that there is only one solution, scan your system with a up to date antivirus program and then remove that virus from your system, so I suggest you to go through this, I hope it will surely help you to resolve the issue.

Is the problem is occurring with any internet web browser, though I was also facing similar problem with the internet explorer web browser, whenever I launch that web browser, the desktop screen and icons simply freezes, after that I simply remove that browser version and load another update version, after that still now I did not encounter the problem again in my system. so I recommend you if there similar issue is happening with you then go through this technique, I think this will somehow help you if the problem is associating with any other application or program.

Start you system in safe mode and go for the system restore process. I hope this will surely help you. to restore your system open start menu ad from the system toll under the accessories click on system restore option, it will show you the restore points those were created in the earlier, you need to select the desire point where you did not encounter any such kind of problem. After complete the process reboot you system and I hope the problem will be resolved. Try with this.

I am also facing a problem with the desktop icons in my system, this is running with windows vista OS, the problem I first encountered in this morning when I tried to install a program, after compete the installation program it required for reboot the system, I reboot the system and from then the desktop icons are mission from the screen, I reboot two times but this one not restore them, along with this also click on the “Show desktop” option from the taskbar, but this one also not restore the icons. Every time I need to access any application from the start menu by pressing the start menu key from my keyboard. I applied above, mentioned tricks but did not get any help with any of them. Is here anyone having any idea on this?

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete/ Del from your keyboard, it will appear the security windows of the windows version, from there click on task manager, now from the process under that stop the process of explorer.exe by click on it and choose the end process option. Generally it will remove all of the desktop screen icons for few while, till you not start the process again. Now from the file menu click on new process, type and insert the explorer.exe and again start the explorer process. the desktop icon will be restore this way, I hope the process will works for you.

Empty the registry editor along with this also empty your temporary folder form start menu, because I thing for any other stored or removed application file, those are still using by your windows version the problem is occurring for that file or any infected file. For this issue, you need to simply remove then from it desire stored location and along with this also check into the task manager whether that infected file is using the explorer process or not. Try this, if the problem is still arriving in your system then proceed for the fresh operating system installation. This is termed as the last recommended solution for any kind of problem regarding the operating system or any other windows version.