Thread: File or folder is using by another program in windows 7

File or folder is using by another program in windows 7

Some of the files or folders those I tried to access in my windows 7 system, this error message occurring every time whenever I tried to access some of the specific folders or the file in my system. I first encounter this problem hen I was tried to copy and paste some files from one folder of the other folder in different drives, it flashes a message that the folder is using with another program, not allowed me to paste the files under that folder or to shift the particular file. What should I do now? What should be the cause for this issue? Any suggestion for me to resolve this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: File or folder is using by another program in windows 7

The problem that you posted is imply occurring for the malwarebyte, because I was also facing similar issue just in few months back, after that when I searched for the cause of this issue, I found that the problem is occurred for the virus file, and to resolve this you need to scan your full system with an antivirus program, be sure that the program is up to date and all for the features are working fine, I was tried with this process, and the problem was solved. So I hope by this you will also be able to overcome from the problem.

As per the error messages that you mentioned in you post, I recommend you to enter to the process tab under the control panel and from there check whether there is any other program is associated with the folder or files those you are willing to access in your system. I was also had an experienced with this type of problem, after that I was also kill that process which was collaborate with the files and the problem was solved with this process, so I also recommend you to go for this, if there is any program is using that folder or file then you need to kill and get relief from the problem.

This is the issue for explorer.exe, if this really happens for that then I suggest you one process try with this, it might be help you somehow, enter to the task manager and from there open process tab, and look for the explorer.exe process under the process running list, stop the process of that, all of the desktop will be appears as blank, don’t worry on this, now again go to the search command panel in start menu, now type and insert explorer.exe and press enter the process will again starts, for this confirmation again proceed to the process tab in task manager nod check. I hope by this process it will surely help you.

I am also facing a problem in my system, which is almost similar to the issue that is posted here. Some of the applications are not allowed by windows to execute, whenever I tried to do execute them in my system it flashes that the program or application is using any other program, I checked to the process but nothing was found there, after that I was also tried by scan the system, but this process also did not helped me. Now I am looking for any other tricks to resolve this issue, along with I aloes searched in many of the web site, tried many of them, but still now facing the problem. Suggest me something to resolve this.

I also recommend you to first for all try with the above mentioned process that is posted in this thread; I hope any one of them will surely help you. but if you are still facing the problem then simply proceed for the reload your operating system into the system, I this is the last and ultimate solution for these type of problems. Run the OS installation program and then form the welcome screen select the driver selection process, the process will first format that selected drive and then will terminate the fresh installation process, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process. This will surely help you.

Thank you all of you for your kind response for my problem, I was just frustrating with the problem, though after encountered the problem I also tried ,many trick those I collect from different website like by registry cleanup and along with also some of the tricks regarding the operating system, but nothing was helped me. But by follow the process about the explorer.exe. I get relief from the problem, so it is clear that the problem was occurred for the explorer.exe of the windows version. I am very grateful for providing this accurate solution for the problem. Than you again.