Thread: No tool on Windows 7 can detect my Microphone

No tool on Windows 7 can detect my Microphone

Ok, so I just installed Windows 7 and when I use the microphone then I have find out that it is not working. In recording microphone bar on the right so it does not move at all .. I tried to play along with the settings but this also did not work. I also lack the stero mix option. I am able to hear sounds good, but the microphone does not work. I am making use of a SupremeFX X-FI. Any help guys? I really need my microphone to work.

Re: No tool on Windows 7 can detect my Microphone

Same here, I made my microphone for the headset which is plugged into the microphone slot, I do the whole thing which is suggested by many drivers, drivers are current, micro level converted to 100 and 20 dB and all different combinations still no sound, even people with disabilities microphone installed on my computer. Only time I ever seen the green bars next to the microphone / line icon is when I visit "to listen to this device" which I hear comments from the microphone. Any ideas how we can solve all our problems microphone?

Also the same for me, my microphone was fine with XP and on windows 7 nothing works in my case. My speakers are fine, but no sound from my microphone. All settings are the default and I can see the microphone on the properties of sound. It defaults and the level is fine. How I can fix it? And in this I have a kind of issue in recording. So regarding the same if you guys have any suggestion so please help me. And please try to do this as soon as it is possible for you guys.

If your computer has any kind of issue while recording sound, then you just try in using the troubleshooter audio recording to resolve the problem. Check for common problems such as ensuring that both a sound card work and a recording device installed on your computer. To open the Troubleshooter audio recording:
    1. In this first thing you have to tick the Start button and then tick for Control Panel.
    2. And after that In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then tick Troubleshooting.
    3. And in the last Hardware and Sound, tick Troubleshooting audio.

I just bought a new dell laptop with Windows 7, mainly for Internet radio broadcast. I am trying to do it in XP mode, and want to play music, but there are three problems:
    1. The computer does not recognize the microphone. It does pick up on Windows 7, but not in XP mode. I went to control panel in Windows XP Mode and hardware test performed on the microphone, but there was no recognition of it.
    2. In XP mode when I tick on the sound icon and go to the recording, there is no column Wav. In addition, there is no selection box, just a box for each move.
    3. Stereo Mix shown currently unavailable. I have allowed, as suggested, but still shows currently unavailable.
    4. I am very confused and frustrated at this point. Any ideas?

I found an answer that works for me. I bought a USB external sound card Soundblaster for my laptop. After going to the website to download the latest drivers and software, configure the microphone, connected to the external card, went to sound and people with disabilities all the microphones were there. Voila! My microphone is recognized. In Shoutcast (my Winamp plug-in for broadcasting), I have to go back and forth in the entry form, the selection of Winamp for music, sound card and microphone. Very irritating to buy an expensive, "entertainment" PC only to find that I need to buy an external sound card.