Thread: Need a linux E-duo Driver for MSI TV@nywhere

Need a linux E-duo Driver for MSI TV@nywhere

Having recently brought a MSI TV@nywhere E- duo card for my htpc system which has a ubuntu 10.04 operating system. I realized that there is no driver for the Linux operating systems. I was very disappointed on hearing this. So I want to know are there any plans of releasing the driver for the Linux as well. If anyone having more information o this particular issue then please comment on this particular topic. If possible do reply as early as possible on this topic. So that I can get some ample time to learn more on this topic.

Re: Need a linux E-duo Driver for MSI TV@nywhere

In such situation it is best to have a talk with the apple people regarding this matter and I am quite sure that they would be able to answer you perfectly on the topic. I think they are the best persons to answer this query, since they have a good knowledge whether which drivers are available for the required systems or if the driver is supportive or not etc. so do act on it accordingly, have a talk with them and you will be able to get the perfect solution.

According to me there is no such available drivers for the Linux and I don’t think msi people will be launching any drivers for the Linux in the near future, so it is of no use going with the particular product that you have got. You will have to either look for some other options like opting for the different operating system or completely ignore the card that you have purchased. I think so the latter option would be of very much benefit for you. So I hope you have understood what I am trying to say here.

Yes I agree with the above user and even I am of the opinion that majority of the card manufacturers does not provide any drivers for the linux operating system. linux have their own drivers for the systems and hence it is very difficult to find out the driver for the linux. One thing that I have found out for you is that the necessary chipset that may be required for your card is the NXP (Philips) SAA716x series tuner chipset. I think that would be the perfect ne for you. So do try having a look at it and let me know what is the progress in your case.

It is very sad that the Linux does not have any supported drivers under it and hence I think I will not find anything any chipset under it. it is very sad that I did not do much research before opting for the at product anyways I will try to look for the alternate product. Anyways thanks for your help. Your timely suggestion did really help me. thanks for the efforts that you all have provided here to solve my issue. I really appreciate your efforts.