Thread: How to Search hidden files and folders on Windows 7

How to Search hidden files and folders on Windows 7

I want some way to find hidden files and folders in Windows 7. I know the default option through which you can unhide the files. But what if someone is using a third party program to hide files. I want that. I had seen some tools in my pc which are used for hiding file but they are asking for password. The same pc is also used by my brother. I do not want to keep any unwanted videos. Can anyone help.

Re: How to Search hidden files and folders on Windows 7

If a file is hidden through 3rd party software then you cannot see that so easily. You have to use that tool only. I had tried this on my friends pc but this did not worked. He is using a third party tool that hide a folder and can be only seen after providing a password. I tried some third party file explorer to open that. But it failed to work. So it looks there is no chance to open up those things.

You cannot do anything in Windows environment. But you can view all the files if you are using a live linux cd. Like Ubuntu Live disc. All you have to do is download the latest version and burn it into a dvd. Then use that dvd to boot your system. Ubuntu has a simple interface. You can then go inside the hard drive and check and everything. I had used this for backup. My system failed to boot and through live cd I was able to get my old files back.

Re: How to Search hidden files and folders on Windows 7

You can try to choose the option Show hidden files from folder options and then search for files using the start search box. To do that click on Start and then click Change search options for files and folders. After that click on View Tab and under that tick mark the box for Show hidden files, folders, and drives. Also, remove the checkmark for Hide extensions for known file types and also Hide protected operating system files and then click on apply and click ok.