Thread: Windows 7: Gadgets are disappearing after restarting the computer

Windows 7: Gadgets are disappearing after restarting the computer

I am unable to figure out the root cause of the problem but I am hoping that this forum will definitely help me to fix the problem of mine. Well I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. I was really satisfied with the look and feel of this particular problem. The gadgets which I have installed on the computer seems to disappears as soon as I reboot the computer. Due to which I am unable to deal with the Gadgets which I have installed on the computer. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Windows 7: Gadgets are disappearing after restarting the computer

There can be number of reasons which might be the root cause of the problem on the computer of yours. so I am posting some very question which you should consider while troubleshooting this particular problem. From when you are facing this particular problem is happening on the computer of yours? have you done any software or hardware changes on the computer of yours? I am asking just for curiosity whether any antivirus program installed on the computer of yours.

I am posting following instruction which you can sue the fix of yours.
    • You have to clean reboot your system. All the gadgets which are being displayed you have to click on the X button in order to remove the same from the Desktop.
    • Now you have to right click on the Desktop and go for View and simply uncheck the Show desktop gadgets checkbox.
    • You have right click on the Desktop and go for Gadgets. You have to right clikc on any gadget and select Install.
    • Gadgets will being displayed on the Desktop. Now restart the Machine and I think your system would be in the working condition again.

I was having the same problem which you mentioned in this particular thread. I have done little bit research work on this particular matter but finally I have managed to fix the problem of mine. Well I have to remove delete all the settings from the user app section of your computer. For eg your user name is Jon then simply move to ‘C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\’ location. Now you have to erase ‘Windows Sidebar´folder from the computer of yours. this particular step will remove all the gadget settings of yours.

If this particular problem was not happing in the past then I think you should go for System Restore to fix the matter of yours. you can use the following instruction to perform system restore on the computer.
    • You have to click on the Start button and enter System Restore in the Start Searchbox. Now clikc on the System Restore. Enter Administrator password when it is prompted.
    • In the system restore dialog box you need you have to choose the restore point from where the problem was not occurring and click on the Next button.
    • Now click on Finish button and reboot the computer of yours.

Looking at the situation which you have provided I am suspecting that this particular problem is happening due to virus attack on the computer of yours. Well I recommend a good antivirus program which can fix the problem of yours. I think you should go for KIS 2011 for this particular matter. You should install and update with latest virus signature and run a scan on the computer. Once the process is gets completed you need to restart the computer. Let me know what results is generated after doing scanning.

I think this problem might be occurring due to compatibility issue between the applications which you have installed on the computer of yours. Well I am suggesting that you should try a clean boot your computer. Clean boot will help you to find out the application or program which is causing compatibility issue on the computer of yours. If this issue is not solved by clean boot then you need to contact Microsoft for this particular matter.