Thread: domain controller replication

smile domain controller replication

I have 3 AD servers with windows server 2008 R2 at 3 different places, main server is at datacenter and 2 are in our local office which are at 2 different place.

I want to synchornize all the 3 server together, were datacenter server should be central server and rest 2 additional servers should synch and replicate with the datacenter server. Example if I create a user in my newyork branch server it should replicate the changes under my Datacenter server located at Florida and Chicago branch.

I have already created main datacenter AD as domain.local and other domains as xyz.local and abc.local, how can I replicate the additional AD domains with main datacenter DC. Will the .local extension work for replication with other DC.

Also do we require VPN connection, is there any other way to replicate the servers without using VPN connection?

Please provide us the steps or tutorial to do this asap.

Re: domain controller replication

Well if need to solve this issue then I want you to just establish 3 mutual connections and follow the commands below I am sure that they will help you to resolve the issue:

Code:
    repadmin /add DC=DOMAIN,DC=COM server01 server02GUID}._msdcs.domain.com

repadmin /add CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=DOMAIN,DC=COM server01 {server02GUID}._msdcs.domain.com

repadmin /add CN=SCHEMA,CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=DOMAIN,DC=COM server01 {server02GUID}._msdcs.domain.com
    If you need more information on the same then i want you to follow this link