Thread: Startup repair takes too long in windows 7

Startup repair takes too long in windows 7

I am running Windows 7 on my computer and when I am trying to do a startup repair then it is consuming too much of time. My computer is not starting up and giving me error that says "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete" and then the computer will simply shut down. I have waited for the whole night for the startup repair to start but still it wont? Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Startup repair takes too long in windows 7

Can you try to do a system restore and see if that works. To do that, you need to click on Start and then go to programs and select Accessories. After that choose System Tool and then click on the System Restore. Now under this options you need to check the box for different restore point and then hit next button and then select the Restore point that you want. After that click on finish button and then you will have to restart your pc to complete the process.

Can you try to press F8 at the time of booting your computer and then choose last known good configuration option. If that is not working then you can take your computer back to the store where you have purchased it and see if it is covered in warranty. If it is then they will have to replace the Operating System for free for your usage. Hope this helps

Well, I guess that the operating system installed in your pc might be corrupted. So, it will be better if you can do a clean install of the OS. It will hardly take 30 minutes for the installation of the OS and another 1-2 hours for installing all the necessary software. But for this you need to have a genuine copy of Windows OS, and then only you can perform its reinstallation.