Thread: Unable to boot the windows 7, after "windows is loading files . . .” message

Unable to boot the windows 7, after "windows is loading files . . .” message

I am looking to dual boot Windows 7 and Linux from 2 different hard drives. When I formatted and reinstalled Linux on its drive then Windows fails to boot now. When I am booting the pc then I get only a black screen with a progress bar "Windows is loading files" and after that I get a black screen with a underscore character at the left side and then linux will boot instead of Windows. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Unable to boot the windows 7, after "windows is loading files . . .” message

Can you try to restart your computer in Safe mode by pressing F8 key continuously at the time of booting up your computer. Once you boot to Windows, then click on Start and then go to Control Panel and then go to the Device Manager and choose display adapter. Now double click under that and then right click on uninstall the device and then restart your pc. Now see if Windows is able to boot normally.

Re: Unable to boot the windows 7, after "windows is loading files . . .” message

There might be some issue with the Windows system file, so you can try to do something like Startup Repair. Startup Repair is designed to start automatically if Windows detects a startup problem. For more information about using Startup Repair, and what to do if it doesn't start automatically, you can follow this article given on this link - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/w...sked-questions

There could be a hard drive error, so you will have to test your hard drive if it is working normally or not. Follow the below steps to perform a hard drive checkup:
    1. Open My Computer by clicking Start button, and then clicking My Computer.
    2. Right-click the hard disk drive that you want to check, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check Now. Administrator permission is required if you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation then.
    4. To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select Automatically fix file system errors and then click Start. Otherwise, the disk check will simply report problems but wont fix them.

More information is given here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...isk-for-errors