Thread: Will Windows XP ever support for Morphological Anti Aliasing

Will Windows XP ever support for Morphological Anti Aliasing

This is not the thread made by considering the condition of my desktop machine but one of my friend is using the Windows XP on his machine and He was thinking to extend life of its Radeon HD 6850, I just told him that the Morphological Anti Aliasing will never be supported by the Windows XP os as it uses the DirectCompute 5.0. IIRC which only supports for the DirectX 10 & 11. I just want to confirm that whatever I have said to my friend is 100 % sure or not. Does anybody has any idea about this?

Re: Will Windows XP ever support for Morphological Anti Aliasing

Windows 7 is okay, the only thing I like about it so far is the noise that causes about older hardware - like having to play with the Firewire controller driver not to bear the BSODs to watch videos on YouTube. Accidents almost always be attributed to causes other than the operating system, however, at least that's been my experience with Win2k, XP, Vista and Win7. Earlier versions could sometimes be bizarre accident could not go to the drivers or hardware, but with the latest versions I always found the cause elsewhere.

I upgraded from XP to Win7 DX10/11 and support primarily for SSD TRIM. A new operating system also has advantages such as more drivers included by default. Once upon a time a few months ago when a friend of mine has a wireless USB adapter from someone randomly for free, since it broke / Do not 't work. Indeed he said that did not work on your computer (running WinXP) and I could not find drivers or something. We get to bring it over and look no make or model # or anything. I decided that connects with Windows anyway hope you can find a game controller. You know what? He did it! The damn thing works after all.

I have no idea why you would want to switch to Windows 7. Windows 7 it is truly a good operating system but not the big jump that is supposed to be. The only thing that is worth DX11 DX10 is not even worth it to install. The operating system still represents the epic failure to allow users to log on as administrator and you're still vulnerable to the use of applications that have direct access to the core (IE OE). The file system is so bad as well, I mean for how many years we have to suffer the syndrome as ext3 ntfs defragmentation has been out for ages and "claims" that the Member States to innovate.

I have XP x64. I also use Windows 7 and a bunch of times. No difference at all in usability. Been using XP x64 on my main computer and a few years without a hiccup. Windows was all about how to improve the stability of almost every release. Now, after XP x64 about their appearance and small tweaks. We all know that you can surf and do everything you can practically do the 7 on XP. No DX11, but there has been much improved since the end user. Some people may say that 7 is faster but the same practically. 7 may be a good choice for someone who buys a new PC, but someone who has XP and have not upgraded yet, it would probably be better to wait for Windows 8. For next year there will probably be RC or beta. I think that big changes will happen at 8. There will be more worth the upgrade then.