Thread: Please insert Device\Harddisk2\DR2 message on system

Please insert Device\Harddisk2\DR2 message on system

I bought a new Dell computer with Windows 7. I move my old profiles from my old Dell working on Windows XP. My old my computer had the main hard drive as an F drive in its place of the C drive. I am receiving this error every instance any of the user logs off their profile. "LogonUI.exe - No Disk. There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR2". The alternatives are after that Cancel, attempt again, Continue as well as none of them effort. I was capable to logoff in Safe Mode with no the error message.so please help me.

Re: Please insert Device\Harddisk2\DR2 message on system

To solve the problem, you have to alter the drive letter task for the removable drive to a letter other than C. To alter the drive letter tasks in Windows 7, you have to follow these steps:
    1. You have to Log on to the PC as Administrator.
    2. Place in a disk in the removable drive.
    3. Press Start, right-press on Computer, as well as after that press Manage.
    4. After that pick Disk Management.
    5. Right-press the partition, logical drive, or volume that you would like to alter, in addition to after that press Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    6. Press the removable drive, press it, press Change, press the drive letter that you would like to utilize, as well as after that press OK.

This problem happens while you have a removable drive configured as drive letter C. You do not contain a removable disk in the removable disk drive. In fact what occurred is that the "G" drive on the old PC was where the Operating System was situated. On the fresh PC the "G" drive was one of the media drives for an SD card or a few other media.... I altered the "G" drive on that device to the next obtainable as well as that solved it.

I have the similar type of error which you are facing. In computer management I have Disk 0 which is the vista64 c:, disk 1 is detachable disk f, which contain no media, disk 2 is detachable disk e, which has my exterior hard drive. Which one should I alter the drive letters as well as paths. So if anyone has any solution to this then please let me know about it.