Thread: Windows 7: Hp c458 wireless printer is not working

Windows 7: Hp c458 wireless printer is not working

I just bought three new laptops. Two of them are HP and the other one is Toshiba and they all are running on to the Windows 7. I have the wireless network settings with a Netgear router wnb2000. After that, I got a Canon PIXMA 560. But my problem is that it is working on a Hp c458 printer. Now HP printers are not functioning. After spending 4hours on the phone through HP support, who said the problem of firewall in Windows 7 that is not allowing the computer to communicate with the printer through a router. Has anyone had this problem, and most prominently, does anyone know of a resolution? Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 7: Hp c458 wireless printer is not working

You can try to use the application in compatibility mode and see if you can get help from that or not. To accomplish that, just go through the steps.
    • Right tick shortcut for program and choose properties.
    • Choose the Compatibility tab.
    • Make sure “Run this program in compatibility mode for”.
    • Prefer version of Windows for which program is prepared and you will be able to get it with the help of drop down menu and click ok.

This failure may be associated with unacceptable driver installation. Otherwise, it is likely that the driver installed on your computer is tainted, so it is showing you that problem. So my proposal is to install the current driver, and see if you cannot solve the difficulty for you. There are additional opportunities to update another way to install the new driver may resolve the issue for you. So I will recommend you to go for the same. I am sure that this will help you.

I am not having this problem through Windows 7, and I have wireless laser printer. To me it looks more like what the antivirus software comprising up. When I switched from Symantec endpoint protection towards Essentials Microsoft security that might not push the search button lying on my printer for scanning files on my computer. So I have to take the first step towards exploring the computer and this technique has worked very well. So you should do the same and hopefully this will do the same for you too.

I purchased a laptop along with Windows 7 and on the same I want to set server and wireless print setting. So in the same I have tried Windows Compatibility Center 7 and the main require for this is consistency and print server. The Windows 7 Compatibility Center catalog only "D-Link DIR-320 Wireless-G USB Print Server Wireless Router" in the well-matched server except when you are able to make sure the manufacturer's site in support of the print server then prove it was not a product by hand. I asked if there is any external print server and wireless that is well-matched with Windows 7 and is available in the United States. We need your suggestions.

I am not having any problems using the wireless printer and Windows 7 here, both. One obsession that has assisted me in the history is to put the printer's IP address like static. I was extremely frustrated when Netgear again assign my printer address and would have to reset the settings on each PC. Oh yeah, do not expect support from HP for nothing. Google will be much more of a help, not blame a product that say they support such as windows.