Thread: After installing Windows 7, the touchpad on my laptop stopped working .want to port vista software to windows 7

After installing Windows 7, the touchpad on my laptop stopped working .want to port vista software to windows 7

My error relates to the detail that my laptop (a Toshiba Qosmio X300-12N) was formed for Vista as well as therefore the software as well as function keys is installed together with the Home edition of windows Vista. The issue being that this Windows 7 edition does not include that software for activating definite function keys, of which one controls the enabling/disabling of my touchpad. My most excellent estimate is that it is stuck in the disable mode as well as I am not able to access the functions. so please suggest some solution.

Re: After installing Windows 7, the touchpad on my laptop stopped working .want to port vista software to windows 7

You have to attempt to uninstall each driver installed as well as after that reinstall the most general one. I attempt to disable it completely, restart laptop as well as after that allow no dice too... Digging during Toshiba's forums did not find me any further, because almost no one of the Qosmio generation is switched to Windows 7. Installing numerous different drivers for the touchpad may help for you.

Re: After installing Windows 7, the touchpad on my laptop stopped working .want to port vista software to windows 7

That's what my newest action was. I uninstalled the general driver of Windows as well as after that installed the Synaptics one. Yet not functioning... Is not there a method to access definite installation files on my install disc of windows Vista, so I am able to install the Functions back on this OS? (With functions I am referring to the Fn key in conjunction with an F1-12, they perform definite actions, like enabling/disabling the touchpad or allowing sound or stuff like that)

You have to uninstall this driver. For that you have to open Control Panel after that you have to open Devices Manager then press with right key of your mouse on every yellow sign as well as select properties. After that go to bottom details as well as paste here Hardware Ids. This way we will recognize what it is. This information will assist you to get closer to your solution.

You have got for definite synaptics touchpad attempt this driver. Synaptics touchpad attempt this driver. This is official driver for Win given by HP. to solve the problem with touchpad you have to switch on for that you have to go to Control Panel/Mouse/Devices settings after that select synaptics touchpad as well as press on switch on then Enable scrolling: Control Panel/Mouse/Devices settings and then select synaptics touchpad as well as press on settings. Virtual rewind verify vertical as well as horizontal after that you have to press ok.