Thread: How to restore Everything To Factory Settings in windows 7

How to restore Everything To Factory Settings in windows 7

I am running Windows 7 on my computer and looking to restore it to factory settings. I read many tutorials where it says about system restore to a previous point but I want to completely format the computer and restore it to factory setting like new. I also dont have the CD/DVD of Windows 7 but I do have a recovery partition? So does anyone know how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: How to restore Everything To Factory Settings in windows 7

Since you have the system recovery in your hard drive so you can easily restore your Windows 7. First, click on Start and then in the Search box type Recovery Manager. After that you will a new Windows will open with Recovery Manager. You will get a prompt to run it, click on run button and then go to Advanced option. Under this setting click Recovery System and then click next button and thus the process of recovering of you computer will start.

Re: How to restore Everything To Factory Settings in windows 7

I would like suggest you to use the Advance option to restore your setting in your pc but before that you need to take a backup of your important data on external devices, so they are not lost after restoring the factory settings. Turn off the computer, restart again and press F8 for getting the Advanced Startup screen appears. Click on the repair kit. Select your country and click the OK button to continue. In the System Recovery window, go to the last option to restore the application. Follow the wizard and click on the full factory recovery. After that click next and finally click on the ok button. When you finish the recovery then hit on the finish button. Now start your system on normal mode and copy the entire backup on your system.

What you need to do is first of all click on the Start Menu. After that type restore in the search bar and you will get one of the result that would display as System Restore. Now, there will be also a backup and restore opion as well. Now try to do the system restore and it will just try to restore the pc to exactly the way you got it for the first time. Hope this helps.