Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2011

unable to boot Windows Server 2008 R2 due to file corruption

Hello friends, I have a certain issue regarding the recovery console in the server; the operating system that I am using is windows xp. The only option present with me is command prompt, system image recovery and windows memory Diagnostic, i tried running bootrec/rebuildbcd, bootrec/fixmbr and bootrec/fix boot when inserted the cd of recovery in the DVD player. But none of the option worked for me. Also how should I create restore point automatically so that the information can be stored automatically?
Old 07-03-2011

Re: unable to boot Windows Server 2008 R2 due to file corruption

I was also facing the same issue and I tried all the method that was available with me, I think the main issue was in the boot setup. After a lot of testing and trying all the possible way I came up with the possible idea. For that you have to have a windows Xp DVD, in that boot from the windows server 2008 R2 x64 DVD, then go to repair and then command prompt. After this backup the file in the c drive with the location of ?c:\boot\BCD bcd.old?, now delete c:\boot\bcd, and then restart you computer, and now remove your ws2008R2 DVD and then install W7x64 DVD. Now you have to boot from the DVD and then do a repair. The further option will help you to repair the form automatically.noe reboot your server.
Old 07-03-2011

In my case I happened to be accidently one of my iscsi drivers as active soothe server tend to fail and it would not boot, then I tried many thing from which this thing worked by me. Reboot from your windows server 2008 and then from there Repair the n it will open the command prompt, in that rename the file which is in the c:\boot\BCD bcd.old, then bootrec/rebuildBcd this will dispart and then select disk 0, after this select partition 1, activate it and then exit by rebooting server and then remove the DVD.
Old 07-03-2011

I my case I had to go in the repair mode, with the help of windows2K8R2 CD but the problem was that it couldn?t occur; also it did not see any of the windows progress in the disk partition. So I went further and booted the full system, using windows 7 x64 CD after that I had to do a repair. Once the repair was done then the error was found again, but it been rectified and did a reboot, after rebooting I could see the list where the operating system could be seen and then I clicked next to go ahead and fixed the error by Window Fix option, after doing this I have to reboot and everything went fine.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,