Thread: Windows xp reports : "the file textsetup.oem could not be found" error

Windows xp reports : "the file textsetup.oem could not be found" error

I have got a gateway portable system MX8738 that had originally came with Vista home on it, and I am attempting to install XP from the start They record a sata driver on their site, but it does not come into view to be the pre-install driver.I attempted making a slipstreamed XP install disk by means of nlite using the driver on gateways site, but it is not functioning .Windows XP reports : "the file textsetup.oem could not be found" when I try to show it the device. Any hint as to where to obtain the driver?

Re: Windows xp reports : "the file textsetup.oem could not be found" error

After you have actually installed the operating system, you are supposed to install any drivers that were locally installed by Windows 2000 Server. For a usually configured Gateway 920 Server, this comprises the network interface controller (NIC) drivers. Further components such as tape drives, SCSI controllers, and modems may also need drivers but are not covered in this reply . Although I have not included the basic steps , cause I think you are smart enough .

Well in that case please follow the following steps :

• What you can do is you can insert the Gateway Server Companion CD into the CD-ROM drive.
    • The CD without your intervention runs, and the Gateway Application and Driver Recovery console opens.
    • Note: If the CD does not do so what you are supposed to do is open My Computer, then after that right-click the CD-ROM drive letter, and then choose Autoplay.
    • In the Driver and Utility Search section, click Search.
    • In the Installable Items list, select Automatic Install.
    • In the Status column, put a check subsequent to the items that demonstrate Not installed, and then click Begin Automated Install.
    • In the Automatic Install dialog box, to start the file copying procedure, click OK.
    • The updates and applications shown are now being installed. When the procedure finishes, click OK.

So I am evading slip-streaming for now. I have a usb floppy/diskette drive connected in now.I went to the same link above and selected XP pro as the OS. This presents me with two download options for the SATA AHCI Driver. No matter which Operating System you prefer, you obtain the same 2 files. Both are referred as the same, but one is 18mb and the other is 19mb. Similar edition on both. (6.2.0.2002)They both extract as a folder named "AHCI_Intel_6.2.0.2002_Vistax64Vistax86_A" which is a little strange, since they are both titled "vista". What do you think I have actually done this before on other machines with little difficulty, but this one is being a beast.I too tried a raid/sata download taking the reference of the Intels site for this chipset, but similar non-result.