Thread: Windows 7 : Unable to access router

Windows 7 : Unable to access router

I built a new computer that has Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit installed on it. My problem is that I cannot access the router. I have little knowledge about this and that is why I cannot solve this on my own. If you can provide me some solution out of the problem, then I'll be very grateful to them for that. Please reply as soon as possible because I have to make some changes to the configuration of the router. Thank you very much in advance for reading and responding to this post. And ya recently I am using kaspersky antivirus.

Re: Windows 7 : Unable to access router

Here I want to know that which version recently you are making use of. And recently if you are using Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 then I would like to tell you, I have heard many cases like this. I think there is any defect in this version and so there are many users of the same facing the same problem. Anyway, you can try to use the Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. I'm also using the same version and not showing me any problem like this. I hope this will do the same for you too.

First you have to check the setting if the local network settings if set to "Local" otherwise "reliableā€. So to do this you have o go to the Settings> Firewall> Settings> Network here just check the network setting. After establishing that, you can save changes to the application and click the OK button. This is for Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 and if you are using Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, I hope that these values should do the same. If this works for you, then please reply. Thanks.

If you want to check if the problem is with the Kaspersky Internet Security that you are using then you can simply turn off or suspend the protection of Kaspersky and see if it can allow you to get access to router configuration. I know this is not the answer to your question, but if you agree, it is clear that if the problem is with the antivirus you are using or is it something else. And once this point is clear, then it will be easier for you to get to the solution of the problem.

You can get access to HyperTerminal. If you do, then you are able to make use of the following steps and see if that can help you or not.

1. Fist connect the serial cable between the computer and switch.
    2. .Now open HyperTerminal with> new and choose which COM port is connected the serial cable for your computer.
    3. In the HyperTerminal properties> click on the button to restore the values of the bits> set per second otherwise the 38,400 baud rate and click Apply and OK.
    4. If you have a white screen with HyperTerminal power down and then flick the switch, make sure if you can see POST on the switch.
    5. If not, then create a new connection and a higher COM port.
    6. Once you are able to login to the setup menu with HyperTerminal, restore the device to factory default