Thread: Windows 7 not detecting my external TV

Windows 7 not detecting my external TV

My Sony KDL-32BX300 is not detecting by the newly purchased windows 7 compatible system., this is specified with the Acer monitor, NVIDIA graphical interface, Intel dual core processor and all of the latest version of applications, though i recently upgrade my system from windows vista to windows 7. The external monitor is displaying under control panel but when i click on add button, is shows that the external display is not detected. i am a college student, and don’t have any idea on these type of problem. Any suggestion on this will be appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 not detecting my external TV

As the first recommendation, i suggest you to check the connection port in your system, along with this also if you connect the external monitor with the HDMI port, and then make sure that the HDMI port is working fine. I was also facing relevant type of and by this type of some basic information i can easily overcome from the problem. Though the monitor is not recognizing so i think the problem should be in the connectivity.

As per my opinion the problem might be for the graphics driver, for that first of all start your system in safe mode and plug the monitor, unplug the internal monitor and instead of this plug the external one. If this working fine then it is clear that the problem not in the monitor, it should be into the DVI or the HDMI connection port, by which you are connected your external monitor. Along with this if the monitor is connected with the HDMI cable then is sure that the cable is working fine. Go through these I hope this information will might be help you to overcome from the problem.

According to my knowledge the problem might also be occurring for the graphical interface, if you are having the driver installation disc then insert this into the CD ROM drive, now proceed to the device manager, open eth display tab and right click on this, choose advanced recommended option, it will direct you to locate the driver installation program form the desire place, browse and select the installation process and terminate the process, wait till the process completes and require for reboot the system. Restarts and check whether the problem is still persists, I hope this will surely help you to resolve the issue.

Choose the connection for the desire output in your external monitor. If you are suing the HDMI, if you are having a single output video port then Connect the external via the HDMI cable, install the appropriate adapter or converter for your system, if you are going to install this one from the new site then be sure that the adapter software compatible with the operating system version. Along with this also check the audio out, where as the HDMI port is also carries both the video and the audio output.

I am also facing a problem with the Samsung external monitor, when I tried to play the game by connect with the external monitor, whenever I connect this does not show anything, apart from that if I tried to play any video file or the game in my internal Acer monitor, this played fine, then why this is not working with the external monitor, I tried with the other system, I connect and play a video, there it played perfectly ok, no issue with the video or the audio output, the problems is only with my system. I checked all the port connection, but did not found any solution. Now what should I do? Any suggestion for me regarding this issue will be appreciated greatly.

I would like to recommend you to try once by update the graphical driver firmware, before that if possible then make sure that the graphics card is working properly. If you did not found any issue in the card then simply download the latest version of the driver firmware from the manufacturer web site and replace with the existing one. Reboot your system after complete the process and I hope the problem will be solved after this. Go through this.