Thread: Windows 7 64 bit: fault module d3d9.dll with most of the games

Windows 7 64 bit: fault module d3d9.dll with most of the games

I am facing a peculiar type of problem with almost all of the games those are installed in my windows 7 64 bit Sony vaio laptop. Though these was running fine till the last few days, but suddenly from the last week this problem starts occurring, I am not able to play nay type of game. After launch the game it shows an error message with the fault module name “d3d9.dll”. What should I do now? Is there anyone having any idea on this? Any input will helpful for me.

Re: Windows 7 64 bit: fault module d3d9.dll with most of the games

As per my opinion the problem might be occurring for other software or any type of visual effect those are applied in your system, in some of the cases I found that problem might be occurring for the visual effect that I was also had a experience with this. But after this when I tried to resolve this issue, I found this cause, so I recommend to look for these. If there is any third party application or the visual content is situated in your system then remove that one, I hope it will somehow help you to resolve this issue.

The problem might be in the graphical interface in your system, though all of the games are collaborate with the graphics driver. So I think the problem is in the driver. So for this I recommend you to reload the driver, for this ping to the device manager and form there open the display tab, now right click on the driver name and choose the update option, choose the advanced recommended option, it will ask you to locate the driver installation program, browser and terminate the installation program, wait till it requires for reboot the system. Try with this, I hope this will somehow whelp you to overcome form the problem.

I would like to recommend you to check whether the games are compatible with the windows version that you are using and also the hardware devices in your system. Some of the games are might not be compatible with them. If all of the games are the flashing content then, then look for the other flashing content those are applied in your system, they might also be creating problem with the execution of the gaming console.

I was also facing relevant type of problem with some of the games, after that I did a researched on this, and found that some of the games are collaborate with the windows version and as well as with the graphical interface. After that I download and install DirectX. This is the additional toll of the windows platform for better graphical interface, I recommend you to download and install the DirectX from the official web site, remember that the application is compatible with the operating system version and also with the graphical interface. It will surely help you.

I am also facing relevant problem with the windows 7 OS, this crashes few time after launch any high definition game in my system. I tried many tricks to resolve this, but nothing was helped me. I tried by reload the game and along with this also tried by reload eth graphics driver, apart from this one of my suggest me to set the system graphics environment in low mode. I also tried this, but not get any help with this. Now what should I do? Is there anyone having any other trick to resolve this problem?

The problem is simply directs to the graphics driver, did you checked by upgrade the driver version. I like to suggest you to upgrade the graphics driver version in your system. The problem might be resolve d by this, first of all open the device manager and from there open the display tab, now right click on the driver name and choose the update option, it will collect the information about the update version and will shown to your system screen. Select the update option; wait for the process completion, and will direct you to reboot the system. You can also update the driver firmware from the developer web site, download the latest version of the driver and replace with the existing one. Try with this, I hope it will help you to overcome from the problem.

I may have found a cause and solution. Using Win7 64 and 450GTS.

Win7 of course is DX11. I've several DX9 games, in the case of my problem child, COD2, I was crashing.

Installing these older games you encounter installing DX9, saying yes, else the game does not install properly. This seems to corrupt the D3D9 module.

I've learned that after these older games are installed I need to reapply DX11.

I've also learned for BF2 and certain mods thereof, run compat for XP svc pack3, and disable all the boxes as in desktop composition, et al and run as admin.

Hope this helps someone, it certainly has for me.