Thread: Unable to boot Windows Vista, Registry corrupted and no restore....

Unable to boot Windows Vista, Registry corrupted and no restore....

I am using a Dell laptop which is running on Windows Vista Ultimate operating system. Yesterday when I turned on the laptop then it was not booting to Windows at all. Instead of that it was taking me to Windows Repair screen and when I try to repair the system then it gives me some kind of an error that states 'cannot repair this computer automatically'. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks

Re: Unable to boot Windows Vista, Registry corrupted and no restore....

Can you try to boot to Safe Mode by pressing F8 after restarting your pc and after login to Windows try to do a System Retore to a point before the issue started. Just ensure to check the box to show more than 5 days of restore points. Incase the first attempt fails then try an earlier point or two and see if that works. Note that you will need to reinstall any software and updates that you have installed between now and the restore point.

If the above solution dosent work then try to login to Safe Mode again and then check some of your system files. To do so, click on Start and then go to Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt and right click on it and click to run it as administrator. After that using the disk, cd to C:\Windows\System32. Now you need to type sfc /scannow and then press Enter to run it. This command will try to scan and fix some of your system files that are corrupted and fix them.

Have you created a recovery DVD, if so, then you can try to boot to recovery options to solve this issue. Note that the hard drive controller should be set to IDE in BIOS and you must set to boot first from the CD boot Priority. This recovery disk of Vista is basically used to boot Vista if it is not booting at all and you can even run Startup Repair, System Restore and many other things to solve the problem that you are facing.