Thread: There are errors in restoring factory setting in windows xp

There are errors in restoring factory setting in windows xp

Hello there, I have a problem here in the computer. The last time I was trying to restore the setting of the computer to the factory settings; I face a lot of problems in the process. Due to which I fear the most to do it again. After the long struggle when I reboot and use the F8 but I cannot do that. The thing now I am facing is in previous section I was provided the option of repairing the computer but now I do not have the options, I even tried with the option of DISK PART but I didn’t get any solution for it. I too have the administrator right but I am not able to access all the option in the computer .Please help me.

Re: There are errors in restoring factory setting in windows xp

Did you tried restoring the data in the mode like Destructive and non destructive mode, are you aware of these kind of recovery system present in your computer, if you are not then I will provide you with a short description about it the more help regarding the topic will be provided in the net as there are various sites that will help you out in these. There are two kinds like destructive and non destructive. In destructive the system do not restore any of the setting in the hard drive it will erase all the data that were present in the hard drive, so if you think that you do not require your content then you can go for this. But if you do not want to destroy all your data then you can go for non destructive this will only replace the missing file that is present.

I will tell you the main part where most of the people faces problem, once you have done your recovery process, restarts the computer in the diagnostic mode; this will help you when you have an idea when you have done any mistake. If you have done a mistake in the non destructive mode then it will cause you an error more likely. If you want to restart the computer in the diagnostic mode then go to command prompt, type MSCONFIG in the box, and then type restart the computer. Before that select the diagnostic mode, now shut down the computer and then press F8, now it will start the further process and reinstall all the software that you want apart from the windows.

Once you have done with your recovery setting it is highly recommended that when you have done that it is recommended that you have a guidance of the experts. Most of the time it is possible that a error occurred due to the problem of error cd that are present, you can order for the cd from the secure site, it is better that you can download or order the cd from the Hewlett package this help in being better than the normal ones. There might be a problem that the computer cannot be shut down the do not close the computer from the main power. After all the things are been done then install a licensed version antivirus and do the windows update as soon as possible.

Did you removed all the peripheral devices that was previously attached into your computer, this should be done because while doing recovery from the drive it will destroy all the normal procedure of the devices, then it will create more problem in the devices that are present in that. To overcome this entire problem removes all the connection by just keeping the basic device such as keyboard, mouse, monitor etc.