Thread: Start up error:”system32\configuration\system corrupt or missing” on windows 7

Start up error:”system32\configuration\system corrupt or missing” on windows 7

I am using a Dell laptop and have installed Windows 7 on this computer. For last 2 years there was no problem with this operating system but yesterday when I started my computer then I got an error message that states "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM". Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue now? Thank you

Re: Start up error:”system32\configuration\system corrupt or missing” on windows 7

There is an easy method to solve the problem you are facing, so check if it works for you. First of all restart your computer and then keep pressing F8 key until you get a list of options. When the options appear then use the UP and Down arrow keys to choose a menu called ‘Last known good configuration’ option and then press Enter. After that yout computer will try to reinstall the last known good configuration file and solve the issue for you.

Can you try to restore your system via command prompt. To do this you need to restart your computer and then press F8 continuously to get into Safe mode. After login to Safe mode go to Start and then in run type CMD and press Enter. After that type this command in cmd - %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and then press Enter. Now follow the instructions given on your screen for restoring your computer and once the process is completed then boot normally.

Re: Start up error:”system32\configuration\system corrupt or missing” on windows 7

If nothing works, then you will have to do a clean install of your Windows 7 in your computer. A clean installation is when you install Windows on a PC that doesn't already have an existing version of Windows, which typically means formatting a partition on your hard drive in Windows Setup before you begin the installation. You can perform a clean installation of Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 using installation media, such as a DVD or USB flash drive. Follow the method given on this website - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/w.../clean-install