Thread: logon.scr: application error The application failed to initiate properly (0xc0000135).

logon.scr: application error The application failed to initiate properly (0xc0000135).

Well this particular helped me many times to fix the problems of mine hence I have returned again with another problem. Hence I am hoping that this time also all the users on this forum will help me out to fix the problem of mine. I am getting following error message on the screen when I am trying to turn off the computer. The error message can be stated as follow. ‘logon.scr - application error The application failed to initiate properly (0xc0000135). Click to terminate application.’ Can anyone tell me why this problem is happening on the computer of mine. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Re: logon.scr: application error The application failed to initiate properly (0xc0000135).

Well you have provided about the error message but you have not provided anything regarding the system configuration of your computer. Let me know which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Tell me hardware and software configuration of your computer? Do you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer? from when this particular issue is being occurred on the computer of yours? Finally tell me whether there is any antivirus program is installed on the computer or not. Let me know the answer of the above mentioned question so that I can let you what troubleshooting steps should be taken to fix the matter.

Re: logon.scr: application error The application failed to initiate properly (0xc0000135).

I recommend that you should try to boot the computer in to safe mode and see whether issue persisting or not. You can use the following instruction to boot your computer into safe mode.
    • You have to restart your computer and press F8 key from the keyboard for couple of times
    • It will bring Advanced Boot Option on the screen. You have to select Safe Mode by using Arrow key and press enter to select the same.
    • Now your computer will boot into Safe Mode and see whether issue persisting or not.

I think there is something issue with services on the computer. Hence I am suggesting that you should try to clean boot your computer.
    • You can use the following instruction to do clean boot yours system.
    • You have to click on Start button and click on the Run enter msconfig and press enter.
    • Now choose General from System Configuration Utility and click on Selective Startup.
    • Now uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI, FileProcess WIN.INI File, Load Startup Items.
    • You have to click on Service tab and click on the Hide All Microsoft Services and click on Disable All and click on OK.
    • When it is requested reboot the computer.
    • Now see whether issue is persisting or not. If there is no issue then you need to enable the services one after another and check whether issue is existing or not. Once you have found which program is causing the issue then simply update or uninstall from the computer.

You can use Start up repair if you are having Windows Vista on the computer of yours. for that particular purpose you have to put Windows Vista Installation disc on the disk drive.
    • Now reboot the computer after putting the disk.
    • You have to press any key when it is prompted to proceed with installation.
    • Now select the desire language settings and click on the Next button.
    • You have to click on the Repair your computer.
    • From the System Recovery Options you have to click on Start up repair. It will prompt with number of choice in order to fix the problem of yours.

I have done lots of research work on this particular problem and I have found that many users are having the same problem. This particular problem is happening due to virus attack. To fix the issue you should install good antivirus program on the computer and run a virus scan on the computer. According to my personal opinion you should install KIS 2011 on the computer. You should install the same and perform a virus scan using it. Once it is completed you need to reboot the computer and see whether it helps you or not.

I recommend that you should go for windows update and see whether this problem getting fixed or not. If update does not help you then I think you should directly contact Microsoft Support Team with this particular problem. You can either mail them or contact them through hotline. You if you are mailing them then don’t forget to mentioned about the system specifications of your computer. They will let you about the solution once they have found the same.