Thread: Windows XP: ‘Search Enhancement Pack’

Windows XP: ‘Search Enhancement Pack’

I have installed Windows XP on the computer of mine. I am getting a Microsoft Windows stating ‘Search Enhancement Pack’ just after the startup of the computer. I am unable to figure out why this problem is occurring on the computer of mine. Let me know if you are having same issue like me then please let me know as soon as possible. Any suggestion to fix the problem of mine will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows XP: ‘Search Enhancement Pack’

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am providing following instruction which you can apply to fix the problem of yours. You have to click on the Start button and click on the Run button and copy paste the following commands on it.
    Code:
    msiexec /x {8FFC5648-FAF8-43A3-BC8F-42BA1E275C4E}
    Code:
    msiexec /x (299CF645-48C7-4FA1-8BCD-5CE200CF180D
    I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.

I am providing a particular solution in order to fix the problem of yours and hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.
    • You have to click on the Start menu and click on the Run button where you have to enter ‘misconfig’ without using any quotes and press enter from the keyboard.
    • Now go for ‘Startup’ and search for ‘point32’. Simply uncheck that particular checkbox.
    • Now click on Apply button and restart the computer of yours.
    • Once your computer is restarted ‘System Configuration Utility´ will being display on the screen.
    • You have to click on the ‘Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when windows start’ check box and click on the OK button.
    Now again restart the computer and this particular problem will no more exist.

I was getting the same pop up on the screen after installing Live Messenger on the computer of mine. You have to simply right click on the service enhancement pack as soon as this particular window pops up on the screen. You have to choose Explore from the right click on the context menu. Now you have to look on service enhancement pack which will be highlighted at the left hand side pane. You have to right click on it and go for Delete option. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.

Mmesterio Guest

I think below mention solution might be the possible fix for the problem of yours. well the solution consist of the following simple steps.
    • I think below mention solution might be the possible fix for the problem of yours. well the solution consist of the following simple steps.
    • Now simply double click on the C drive and open the same. Now you have to go for Program Files and next step is very simple. You have to delete the folder which has named as Microsoft not the folder which is having the word Microsoft in the name.
    • I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.

According to my point of view there is a fix for this particular problem. This problem is caused by the Microsoft Works Program but not due to Windows live messenger. Unfortunately I was having the same problem like you. To fix the problem you have to download and install Windows Startup Inspector on the computer. You can get this particular software from the official website. You have to run this software and it will provide a list on the screen from where you have to uncheck Microsoft Checkbox and click on the Apply button in order to apply the settings. Now you have to run the Disk Cleaner Program after closing the Close Startup Inspector.Once it is finished reboot the computer and your problem will no more persist.

I think this particular problem is happening due to bug in the software. According to my opinion I highly recommend that you should report to Microsoft for this particular issue. I think they are the only one who can give you a light shed on this particular matter. You can contact them either emailing with the problem or simply calling them using Hotline. I am hoping that they will help you to fix the problem of yours.