Thread: Window 7 encountered startup error "Windows cannot find D:Install/Tools/ChPrio.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again

Window 7 encountered startup error "Windows cannot find D:Install/Tools/ChPrio.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again

I had formatted my pc due to virus issue and installed everything back. I have some old games that I play a lot. After installing all required stuff I had restarted my pc. Instantly after playing games for few minutes on start I got a bluescreen error. I ignored that. But now I am getting a new error constantly. That error is Windows cannot find D:Install/Tools/ChPrio.exe. How to stop this error.

Re: Window 7 encountered startup error "Windows cannot find D:Install/Tools/ChPrio.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again

There is some application that fails to launch on the startup and giving you this error. You have to turn that thing off. For that type msconfig and hit enter in Start > Run box. In that go in startup and disable things which are not needed. Do not forget to click on Hide all Microsoft services. This will hide all essential applications that are needed on startup. Just reboot your pc and check back.

Re: Window 7 encountered startup error "Windows cannot find D:Install/Tools/ChPrio.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again

It looks like some recently installing program is causing the issue. Bluescreen is not a good sign. It means that some system file in your system is damage. You can try one thing. Run system restore. This would be one of the best way to stop this kind of errors. You can run it and use the most recent date when you had done with installation of drivers. Just try this thing first and then check back.

If system restore and other troubleshooting help does not help you then you can try one more thing. You have to download a good system cleaner like CCleaner. Just download and install this in your system. CCleaner is good app that wipe out unwanted programs and files from your pc. It also has a integrated registry cleaner. Just run that and check back. I think this would be enough to fix the issue.