Thread: Windows xp - No Disk Randomly keeps popping up at hibernation and other times

Windows xp - No Disk Randomly keeps popping up at hibernation and other times

I am using a windows XP media center with service pack3 of additional version of 2003.it was working very fine for me but now from last 3 week I got one problem and that is when any time I reboot my computer I get pop up means error massage “Windows- No disk “I was trying so many time to exit this problem but all time I failed, I installed a few program for change this massage but it also not worked. I am getting tiered to this massage; you have any suggestion to stop this massage.

Re: Windows xp - No Disk Randomly keeps popping up at hibernation and other times

Well, I finally settled on my computer. But before that I met a lot of different online references to this error message, and all seemed determined to solve it in a different way! (So apparently this error message can occur because a large number of scenarios.) In summary, the disabled (and deleted from the Start up folder) to "Spyware Terminator", which is an anti-spyware program that was installed intentionally. In carrying out these actions, which determines not only the error message (No disc, etc), but also enables Windows Defender will be updated once again successfully. (The updates keep failing recently, and little did I know where the problem was the same error message we are trying here.). Maybe I could change some parameters and do not create these conflicts.

Re: Windows xp - No Disk Randomly keeps popping up at hibernation and other times

But in any case, for those with the error message that does not have this anti virus software (Spyware Terminator), I would say see at what is running at start up. And start by examining what is in the task bar at the bottom right of the monitor screen. I normally ignore that exacting program, but when I click on it to get a look today, unexpectedly I saw the same error message that had before only observed through start up. So maybe at what time you try to open many different programs on the task bar that will have a clue about the culprit if you rapidly see the error message. If not, you may have to delve into what is running at start-up. May or may not be in your task bar, and may or may not be in your home folder. But you can get a more complete picture by clicking the Start button at the bottom left of the screen, entering "Run" (no quotes) and then enter msconfig. Then go to the start-up tab of the window that appears.

I have similar problem as you said I also got a massage at the start up. And I am using msconfig command because I do not have "Spyware Terminator”. In spite of disabling a suspicious (Unknown manufacturer) program known as cmiboot.exe the error message keeps coming into the view. The Start-up programs which appear doubtful are: Cmiboot, iTunes and Quick time. I don’t know what I can do for this problem, can you tell me please any proper solution.

Try a ‘clean boot’ technique to loading Windows to isolate it. As you said you are running with msconfig then you should to try this one, run msconfig and choose the ‘Services’ tab. verifies ‘Hide Microsoft Services’ and then put out of action the rest. Also unchecked "load start-up group" on the general page, now restart and test the matter at hand. If there problem solved then check once again, first check half disable items, in the service tab if problem returns again then other half unchecked item check to narrow down the offender. If the problem solved then other half also check with the same manner. I hope it will help you.