Thread: Lost my Win 7 ultimate installation CD

Lost my Win 7 ultimate installation CD

I am having a Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit in my PC. In the past I never made any back up CD .When I installed the SP1 it gave me an error and it instructed me to insert the installation CD to correct it. But I don’t have a Win 7 ultimate installation CD with me. I think that I have lost it and I can’t find it anywhere. How do I get another CD or a boot CD? Please help me out on this issue. I am getting worried about it.

Re: Lost my Win 7 ultimate installation CD

I checked your problem and I feel that you can download a 64-bit Windows 7 recovery disk. But in case a recovery disk won't help you, you can borrow any Windows 7 64-bit installation disk. Then you need to e sure that it is a 64-bit installation disk. You need to be careful that it does not have to be an Ultimate installation disk. A Windows 7 installation disk has all versions of Windows 7 on it and the activation code tells it which version to install. Just enter your activation code when it is asked. This will help you to solve your problem.

I think that you need to just borrow a CD from someone to get away with your problem. Once you get the CD then your problem will be solved. But I want to ask you that from where you got the Windows 7 Ultimate before. Had you purchased it before or did it come with your purchased Computer itself. I mean to say that did it come with your purchased Computer already installed?

I think that you are right. I just need to get a new CD from my friend or other thing I can do is that I can buy a new CD itself. Even that will be a great option. But while doing that I make sure that it is a 64-bit installation disk. I also need to be check that it does not have to be an Ultimate installation disk. So I’ll follow the instructions while buying the new CD.I hope that it will work for me. I would like to thank you for the solution that you provided me to get away with the problem.