Thread: System taking long time to boot after installing Windows 7 64 bit

System taking long time to boot after installing Windows 7 64 bit

Guys I have upgraded my system to install the Windows 7 64 bit version from the 32 bit version that I was previously having. I thought that after having got the 64 bit version of the Windows 7 operating system on my computer I will get it to perform even more faster , but soon as the installation was over and when I restarted the system I found that the computer was taking a lot of time to boot then it was taking previously. When I was having the Windows 7 32 bit version operating system I would get the system to boot in just 2 minutes but now with this 64 bit version it is taking more than 4 minutes before it boots completely. I would want to know that is this genuine problem with the Windows 7 64 bit version operating system or is it that only I am facing the problem.

Re: System taking long time to boot after installing Windows 7 64 bit

Hey dude there are some quotations to be answered before we really go on to give you the suggestion for the problem that you are facing. What I would want to know is the complete configuration of your system that is the speed and the memory in use along with the vacant memory space. Also, I would want to know that are having any kind of antivirus or firewall program running at the back of your system, the reason why I am asking you this is that if you are really having the antivirus program running and if you are not having the required speed then it is surely going to take a long time to load.

Dude I would also like to hear from you that during the time of the installation which option did you make use of to carry out the installation process of the 64 bit version windows. The reason why I am asking you this is because if you have just repaired it and moved forward by installing the 64 bit version without formatting the previous version of the 32 bit version then what I think is that there could be a problem of the overlap between the two file and that is why the system might have got loads of memory occupied due to which the system s taking a long time to run.

Hey I have installed the Windows 7 64 bit version on my computer system using the custom install and I have made sure that I have got the C Drive in which I was having the previous version of the Windows installed formatted properly but then also the system takes a very long time to load it perfectly. Although I have got the antivirus program running since the days I was having eth previous version of the Windows installed on the system but it is only after the installation of the 64 bit version of the Windows 7 that I am facing the problem of the system taking a long time to start, so can some suggest what can I do to make this thing load quickly.

Hey why don’t you give a disk scan of your system when you begin to load your system, what I think is that if you give a disk scan and if it finds any kind of error then I think that the problem could be in the Windows 7 operating system that you have just installed. Also, since you have the antivirus program running on the back of your system so if you want you can even give the complete system scan using the antivirus program and then see if you are able to detect some virus from it and if you got then certainly you will have to again format the system to install the Windows 7 operating system.

Guys I am also having some kind of problem since I have installed the Windows 7 64 bit version operating system on my Dell laptop. Although my laptop works perfectly and it gets boot up in no time, but the major blunder happens when I start the Google Chrome browser to access the internet, the chrome really takes a long time to start and when I click on the chrome again if it doesn’t start in few seconds I get an error saying that the Chrome is already open and you will have to close it first, but after waiting for 5 minutes the chrome gets started, now this is happening for quite some time now and I really don’t know what to do, so can some one help me out with this.

Reinstall the new copy of the Chrome and then see if you are able to get the Chrome to run faster than it was running before, what I think that there could be a problem in the Chrome that you are having and reinstalling might help you in solving the problem. Also, make sure that you have clear the cache of your internet browser at every instant since that could also be the cause of the Chrome not working as it was working earlier, so give it a try and then see what happens.

Hey what I think is that you might have got the older version of the Chrome still running on your system, don’t forget that you are having the 64 bit version of the Windows 7 operating system and that is why the applications that run on the older 32 bit version of the Windows will certainly not work on the 64 bit version of the Windows 7 operating system. So make sure that you have got the Google Chrome browser that will be compatible with the 64 bit version of the Windows operating system and then you will surely be able to run it smoothly.