Thread: Windows XP: Computer Blank

Windows XP: Computer Blank

Hello friend, I am having a Dell inspirton one desktop PC, the system is compatible with windows XP and with the Linux. It was running fine till the last date, but suddenly I encountered a problem in my system hard drive with the windows partition, I was affected by a malwarebyte, I first encountered the problem while I was log on to the system after make the dual boot. i tried with many of the tricks but, nothing was helped me. Now the system completely blank, I am not able to log on to the system both in windows mode and in the Linux mode. What should I do now? Any information for me will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Windows XP: Computer Blank

As per my opinion I would like to shift the hard drive in other system and there check by the windows disc check option. Along with this also scan the hard drive with a up-to-date antivirus programs, though you mentioned that there is a malwarebyte attacked your system, then by scan the hard drive this can be figure out. Do this operation in the windows xp mode. I was also facing relevant type of problem, after that I performed this process, and this one quite help me . so I hope it will also help you.

According to me I think the problem should be occurring for the windows version, where you are facing this problem, so as per my opinion I would like to suggest you to reload the windows xp platform with a new partition. For that if you are not able to run your hard drive in your system then simply plug it into another system and run the windows installation program, at first it will ask you to remove the existing one, do this and then proceed for the fresh installation I hope this technique will somehow help you, but this only works if the problem actually occurring for the windows XP platform.

To make sure that the Liniux version is operating well, try to run your system in Linux environment with the live CD, for that insert this and open the Linux live mode. If this working fine then it is clear that the problem in your hard drive and this happening for the windows XP OS. to resolve this one I would like to recommend you to go for the hard drive partition, start the system in safe mode and proceed to the windows installation prompt, from there make the desire partition and along with this also be sure that the windows xp is occupying the correct space in the hard drive. Because in some of the cases I found that these type of problems might be occurred for the occupying maximum space than the required. After that I hope you will be able to log into your system. Go through this.

You may have a file system which is despoiled. If you specified your system with Windows XP pro, then Start in safe mode, then click on Start menu, next click on Programs, select Accessories>>System Tools, after that click on ScanDisk. Select the C drive, then check the box normal and automatically fix errors and click Start to begin the verification process. It will automatically reboot your system after complete the process, try with this process, one of my friend was also facing relevant type of issue, after that he was also tried with this process, and by this the problem was solved. So I am sure this will also help you to overcome from this problem.

I think the problem might be occurring for the hardware device or the new hardware driver, if you installed recently in your system, If the devices use the same IRQ (Interrupt Request), then the same address of DMA (Direct Memory Access) or the same address of input and output, it may be that Windows does not know to handle the situation and eventually crash. Then you must start your computer in Safe Mode. To entrance in safe mode, turn on your computer and immediately press the F8 key before the display screen offers windows. Windows then select the mode of launching and press enter. Once the Windows starts proceed to Control Panel. Double click the System icon, now select the Device Manager. Go to the line that corresponds to hardware fault, and then expand the tab or tree. Click on the name that corresponds to your hardware type and click delete. Confirm with OK. Restart your pc. if the problem persists, change the location of the map by moving to another free port.

I had a relevant issue in my widows vista compatible HP computer, after that I searched almost everywhere for the solution, though I am not a technical person so I don’t have not that kind of information regarding this type of problems. So I am providing you the minor information on this problem, I hope by this you will be able to figure out the problem, start your system in last known configuration mode, for that start your system and after the manufacturer logo will appear into the screen, start pressing f8 and from the windows select this “Last Known Good Configuration", by this mode you will be able to detect the problem regarding the hardware in your system, because I think this problem occurring for the hardware device.