Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Computer won?t let me do system restore

Operating Systems

Old 02-03-2011

Computer won?t let me do system restore

My PC says it needs a system restore and do not let me. I get points (dates) to restore, but then comes back and says you cannot restore, try a different date, then the same! I have emotionally involved a log that may or may not be of any help! I had a problem with getting this running on my computer (which is set by another thread) and then once you got up and came running with a message saying that a major problem has occurred and that has do a system restore! It was then when I tried to do it! If you have any better idea so please gives me. If another log report that you need me to do to give a better idea of what is happening, let me know what is!

Old 02-03-2011

Re: Computer won?t let me do system restore

Will you post the correct onscreen message? After seen this massage I will be able to understand your exact problem. And before that, whatever I thought about this issue it?s not enough but then also I will give you a one simple solution you can try it as one solution, first download BlueScreenView from any official site. Then double-click on the BlueScreenView.exe file. After that once the scanning completed then go for this: - Edit/Select All. And remember save this report as BSOD.txt.
Old 02-03-2011

As per my knowledge I would like to suggest you that If you have .dmp files from 2002 on your computer. So I think it wants a fresh install, not a system restore. It comes up among a message that tells a major problem has take place and you require doing a system restore! That is at what time I tried to do it. After that pleas post your correct content of your on screen massage. And with this post one more thing that is dose your computer boot today?
Old 02-03-2011

If the system boots fine now why would you want to try doing a system restore again? That would only go back to before the updates, etc. that are currently installing. Personally, I rarely use System Restore. One of the things I do routinely to systems is to clear all restore points, but the last. Loves to hide malware on the system restore. By doing a system restore to correct a problem of malware is very likely that only put the problem back around again. I want to clear all system restore points and leave as well start now.
Old 02-03-2011

Sometimes, some viruses can damage the system restore that prevent their use. What I would like to address is safe mode. Restart booting on your computer and when the first screen that appears beaten F9 (which is one of the function keys not sure which). This then gives you the option of booting in safe mode and you can try System Restore from there. Good luck with that and if it fails, you can tell me and will try something else. Also, if System Restore has not been activated, there is no system restore points to restore and therefore will not work.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,