Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 safe mode blank with pointer

Operating Systems

Old 02-03-2011

Windows 7 safe mode blank with pointer

I have a SonyVaio that came with Vista and I upgraded to 7 worked well for a long time until I was playing a game and suddenly the screen turns off. And now I can?t get keen on safe mode .I have the Windows 7 recovery CD will not let me restore the method by saying that I have restore points for a fact I do. I ran command prompt as all of the following cd edit boot sector disk part and lots of other boot manager commands. I'm guessing the NVIDIA graphics driver but I don?t know how to undo without logging into the system. I can open the menu any file through charge controllers open the recovery of principal.

Old 02-03-2011

Re: Windows 7 safe mode blank with pointer

I'm facing the same issue, and partially set. My PC has a bad virus that would make a new virus each time a program opens, and gives me an error message something like "error Run time access is denied, click OK to terminate the process. " I scanned my workstation, deleted 1021 virus, and asked me to restart my computer; I rebooted, and ended like you, a blank screen with a pointer. This is because no process is running. Push ?ctrl+ alt+ dlt? & choose task manager. Applications select ?new task? type of browser and click Enter button. You should check with your wallpaper and icons and task bar. But others are not running processes. For example, I usually get at what time I start sidebar widows, do not now. My plan is to backup the whole thing and reinstall the operating system because it is screwed. I hope this information will help you.
Old 02-03-2011

This refers to a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop that stopped because of a virus. I reformat the hard disk boot option command system recovery using Vista installation CD to reinstall Vista and still I have the black screen with the mouse cursor. Then I restarted my system and entered into the BIOS settings by clicking F2. I changed the SATA option to ATA from AHCI. Previous to do this I had to stop the flash cache module. Save your modification and restart Windows Vista Install lastly finished. I thing you got a well information.
Old 02-03-2011

I was surprised with the black screen of death with Windows 7 during normal startup and in safe mode. After several days of work, found a way to recover:-
  • Boot as of the Windows 7 install disk
  • behind selecting your language, select the ?Repair your computer? alternative on the ?install now? screen .
  • Optional step: if you require special drivers to contact your hard drives (SCSI, etc), follow the ?load drivers? on monitor instructions to read them from an outside source.
  • When prompted, select the ?System restore? alternative
  • select one of the earlier restore points (
I chose the second one)
now your system will work back very fine.
When I did this, my system was equal to boot and worked usually once more

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,