Thread: System slowdown when Wi-Fi enabled

System slowdown when Wi-Fi enabled

Whenever I can access the internet through my wireless connection, my system slows down considerably. The most notable is when I try to play online games; I get a serious drop in frames per second using a wireless connection. (Set of 50-10 fps vs. 60 to 100, Shame game exactly the same configuration, etc) I attached my DxDiag; here I need help I don’t know what I have to do? If you have any suggestion for me please provide me.

Re: System slowdown when Wi-Fi enabled

Wi-Fi is naturally slower, and then a wired connection. The bandwidth is also less. Then note that, the Ethernet signal to go through a pair of transitions when using wireless. Ethernet to RF = Radio Frequency back to Ethernet. Upgrading to wireless N can help. Also some may not report problems using wireless for gaming. The reasons for the problem (s) that the experience can be numerous. Some are beyond your control. Even outside RF interference from other devices. Microwave ovens, cordless phones, certain types of lighting are the few names.

One regularly ignored reason of the slowness of the machine's BIOS settings. Most people accept the BIOS settings, and that is configured at the plant and leave as is. Conversely, the slowdown may happen if the BIOS settings do not match the optimal system configuration. Often you can improve machine presentation through researching your motherboard's optimal settings of BIOS, which may not be the same as the factory. There is not present innermost database for optimal BIOS settings, but you can use a search engine like Google and the use of its name from the motherboard and BIOS as keywords to find the correct settings

In the old days of Fast Page RAM, buy new RAM for your computer was a simple matter. You just need to know what speed your motherboard supported and the maximum each slot would. Today, there are many types and speeds of RAM, and the best mother you can be tolerant of the use of RAM specs do not match up to the motherboard. For example, the motherboard may support PC133 RAM but now you will work through PC100 RAM. But keep in mind that you may see performance reduces if you set up RAM that is slower than the maximum requirement. Some boards even let you mix speeds, but it defaults to the slowest RAM install.

Chip makers have been working to build processors more efficient, it means they turn out a smaller amount of heat. However, some modern processors at rest generate much heat. That's why all processors need some sort of cooling part, usually a fan of some sort. A Thermal Design Point (TDP) scoring indicates, in watts, the amount of heat that can securely dissolve not including more than the maximum hotness for the chip. at what time the processor temperature goes specifications, the processor can slow down or run erratically (lock) or simply reboot. The processor fan may fail for quite a few motives. For that you have to check your fan.