Thread: Lost power, now can't get past BSOD

Lost power, now can't get past BSOD

I have Dell Laptop. I am using this Laptop since 2 years. It was working well 14 months. Then I got the problem of the battery. My battery is dead so I have to plug power cable to use the Laptop. So when I lost the power my laptop get off. Now the problem is that when I turn on the laptop it shows me black screen to choose the start up mode. When I choose to start normally it boot the window normally. I can see the window screen with scrolling blue bar after some time it start or some time it move black screen again to choose the option to start the windows normally. I decided to format but I don’t have DVD. Anyone help to know what the problem is.

Re: Lost power, now can't get past BSOD

You have tried or attempted to mount the boot volume or drive and it failed. That indicates or means a Hard disk problem. Your hard disk drive might have gone bad and able to mount. Or there may be the issue of your operating system (but usually HD)Since you dont have a DVD the only thing you can do, is to use a USB pen drive. Put the OS on it and a Hard disk utility from the mfr to test the Hard Disk and go into BIOS and make the USB the first bootable device. Let me know if you need help regarding this.

I think you have lost the MBR means master boot record this is the first part on the hard drive when the you boot your system. It is ini file that set the system up and boots into windows and tell which system how to boot windows, In this case only thing that you can do now is install windows once again and make sure you have all the drivers for your hardware. If you don't have a windows xp install cd you will have to buy one. Or use Linux operating system which is a free and superior operating system.

Hello friend I had same problem. I solved this now. The first command is FIXBOOT that will make a bootstrap MSR to your hard drive and then perform FIXMBR and this command will repair the master boot record of that hard drive. Last thing, if you found that you have a corrupted hard disk by power loss then you should run CHKDSK /FS and this will attempt to repair and recover your hard drive. For this you need to have the recovery console. Or find that any has a usb backup drive with the recovery console installed on it. CHKDSK /FS will recover and repair damaged.

I would like to thank everyone who posted on this forum. Because of you people I come to know where the problem was. My hard disk drive was working well. It was in bad condition. So decide to format. I had not DVD so I used USB Pen drive and make it bootable windows. I installed windows XP setup on this pen drive. Then from the bios set up made pen drive as first booting device. Start installing the windows. Thank you to help me to get rid of this friend.