Thread: System freezing during Update Operation after installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1

System freezing during Update Operation after installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Hello friends I am having some kind of weird problem with the Windows 7 service pack 1 operating system that I am trying to install on my home computer system from last few days. I have got this CD burn with the image of the Windows 7 operating system from a friend of mine and although I was able to get the Windows 7 installed completely on my system, the only problem and the major one is that after the installation is complete the system gets rebooted and on the very first screen I get the message saying “Applying update operation XXXX of XXXX". But as soon as the update begins to take place after a certain interval of time I get a message saying that "Error applying operation XXXX of XXXX" and thereafter the system just gets hanged and I am not able to do anything further , so can some tell me what is the problem and how can I get it solved.

Re: System freezing during Update Operation after installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Why don’t you try reinstalling the Windows 7 operating system and see what happens, I know that the update to the software again be done after you finished installing the Windows 7 operating system as it has been desired to do so, but then also what I think is that you should give try and see if you are able to get the thing sorted out of it, usually what I think that it is certainly to do with some kind of error in the update files and that is why your update is not completing.

Re: System freezing during Update Operation after installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Hey the update that the operating system has to carry out is only done with the help of the internet connection, because it is going to search for the update on the internet and on finding it, it will download the same and install it in the system. So while your Windows 7 gets completely installed on the system, you should make sure that you keep the internet connection on, such that after the boot when the update operation takes place then the system connects to the internet and search and install the update inside the system smoothly.

What I think is that there could be a problem of the updated file that comes integrated in the operating system with which you carry on the update of the operating system that you have installed, what I think is that you must look for some new kind of CD of this Windows 7 operating system and again carry out installing the fresh copy of this software into your system, may that time you will not get this error while trying to install the Windows 7 Operating system on your system.

Hey guys no matter whatever CD I use to install the Windows 7 operating system I am always getting the system to freeze after the operating system gets installed and when the update of the same begins after the boot. I have been trying to install the Windows 7 the fifth time in a row using different kind of CD at every instant and then also I am not able to get this thing installed completely on my system or I am not able to boot after the installation of the operating system is complete. Can some one suggest some different ideas on how to tackle this problem?

Hey while you are about to reboot your system instead of getting to a state to carry on the update of the operating system you directly press F8 and then look to start the windows directly using the last know configuration state or from the safe mode or any which you want. With this the updating part of the operating system gets skipped and you will be able to directly start the system. Once your system gets booted completely you can then look for the update of the Windows 7 operating system through the internet.

Hey make sure that while installing the Windows 7 SP 1 operating system on your computer that you using the custom install option and that you are first formatting the previous Windows applications and then going ahead with installing the operating system. If you try to install the Upgrade install option then probably each and every time you will be prompted to install the update of the operating system after you have finished with the installation, so make sure that you give a custom install rather than a upgrade install.