Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Mac shows "MediaKit reports partition (Map) too small"

Operating Systems

Old 01-03-2011

Mac shows "MediaKit reports partition (Map) too small"

My Mac has a partition on my HDD and the size of the partition is something around 249.99 GB. However the total size of the HDD is 500GB. There are two issues which are really annoying me about this. At what time I pull the drive in disk utilities from 249 .99 toward the complete degree of 500gb and click on top of the partition devoid of deleting whichever data I dig up the error saying that the MediaKit reports partition {map} too small. Can anyone tell me what it is thinking about?

Old 01-03-2011

Re: Mac shows "MediaKit reports partition (Map) too small"

Even I also got the similar problem. After several research and search I couldn?t find a way to accomplish this task. After one of my friend told me to use any live bootable CD with whatever OS installed in it. I booted by way of a Linux Live disk (Backtrack 4.R1) run GParted and establish a small undetectable partition in my Mac. After that I erased it, and reboot into MAC once more and at this moment I possibly will utilize the complete disk.
Old 01-03-2011

I have also got the similar problem in my powerbook G4. But for me, it was the cause of Apple_Bootstrap partition (formed at some stage in Ubuntu install), of set-up unidentified to OSX. This partition was located exactly following my Macintosh_HD partition. To increase my Macintosh_HD I wanted to utilize diskutil to remove the Apple_Bootstrap partition toward an empty "MS-DOS" partition. Afterward I may perhaps utilize Disk Utility to erase the MS-DOS partition. Following that I can resize my Macintosh_HD liberally. Thinking this was value posting like I couldn't discover an answer that didn't engage a total wash somewhere else.
Old 01-03-2011

I think that for this error you might get the assist from the Leopard?s Disk Utility Help Topic "Enlarging a volume". If not, I have a simple idea and it might work for you. I assume that you still contain the image copy of the older drive. Hence perhaps inside Disk Utility chooses a drive and after that restore, drags into the target of your fresh 500 GB, and within the basis of your image. Otherwise you might need to use the time machine backup.
Old 01-03-2011

It seems to me that your partition map is almost certainly spoiled. This can occur on instance when employing definite partitioning software. Anyhow, what I recommend is foremost create a bootable replica of your Mac OS X partition to an additional external HDD using somewhat similar to SuperDuper otherwise Carbon Copy Cloner. After that boot with eopard disk and clean the inner drive. Partition it plus format it intended for OS X, and then install OS X. Now Boot from that additional HDD, and clone reverse toward the inside drive. Several work concerned except you ought to be back up to speed.
Old 02-03-2011

However you have done the right thing and I still recommend you to go on. However this time either by utilizing Carbon Copy Cloner - Home otherwise SuperDuper. You should use one of these utilities to copy your HDD. After that booting from the external HD through the duplicate and again make use of any of those applications you utilized to clone back. I hope that you have got my point.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , ,