Thread: How to boot with external display on PowerBook

How to boot with external display on PowerBook

I have a Power book Titanium G4 among a broken LCD which does not work humanly. I have hooked it up to an outside show, but I can only get it to work behind the Operating System is loaded. The difficulty is that I am not able to get the Power Book to make use of the outside display at some stage in boot, or if I boot through an install CD. It permit tries to make use of the internal display, which is not work, so can’t see anything at some stage in boot or the install application on the improve CD. This is avoiding me from upgrading the Operating System from 10.2 to 10.4.

Re: How to boot with external display on PowerBook

I was faced this kind of problem earlier nearly seven month ago. So as best of my knowledge will going to suggest you that first you have to push the power key and then without delay shut the lid while it is trying the power-on self test. At what time it starts to boot and then observe the lid shut and an outside monitor connected, it will use the outside as the main monitor among the internal one put out of action. I hope this instruction will help you to come out form the problem.

On the other hand but with some limitations, if you are using the system with the exterior screen only, you can use the reboot selection in the apple menu. I am not sure whether this would apply among the Install CD or not (e.g. inserting the CD into the running system, choosing ‘reboot’ and forcing the system to boot from the optical drive).The drawback to this technique is obvious: you cannot do a cold boot this way. Sure, there is not great reason to turn it off so you should not require accessing the power switch very much.

I am not very sure about that what this will do actually, I thing I heard somewhere about this kind of problem so I just suggest you, you have an option of bottling with ‘T’ key so you could boot among ’t’ button down into target mode, and the power book turn out to be a giant fire wire hard drive which you can connect to another Mac. That will save you from opportunity it up, but I do not see how this would create any dissimilarity. I am not using this ever but you can try it and let see.