Thread: Main drive D drive very small only 152 MB space

Main drive D drive very small only 152 MB space

Hello friend I am newer to this forum and hope to get rid of my problem here. I am having a computer having HDD size of 80 GB. It is partitioned into three section 30GB, 50GB, 50GB, named D,C,E respectively. I have window XP on drive D. I frequently use net to download the file from. Problem is that D drive show message low disk space. My download directly save to D drive. Now I want to merge C and D drive without loss of data. Is there any way to get rid of this problem. Any help would be appreciateed.

Re: Main drive D drive very small only 152 MB space

Hey friend, I read you issue regarding the low space. First of all I want to let you know, 30GB less space for window and your application software. As you told you do downloading. There is no logic that download should be in window drive in your case it is D drive. You can change the target location for downloading. Default download location is windows drive. You can change this. If you want to merge the drive without loss of the data it is also possible. There is a software to merge the drive. You can try that. I have not used that so I have no idea about it.

I have the same problem. I tried of everything to get free space on my computer. I decided to use the windows Installer cleanup Utility to remove all unused file. And all the program that seem to be taking more HDD space. I did this oracle installation. I do not want this to remove in future. Problem is that I do not to loss important data from other drive. I think, I did something wrong because I am not able to open the program. So can anyone tell me how merge the drive and what went wrong with my existing data.

If the partitions you want to merge are on the same physical drive then only you can merge it. For partitioning or merging the drive without loss of data you can use Partition Magic. I have done many times it is very easy to use and straight forward. Just follow the instruction. But for safer side take the backup of important data. Anything can be happen while partitioning. There is another way to grow the partition size. First copy the data of one drives the safer place. Then delete this drive and expand your first drive to take entire drive.