Thread: Why spotlight keeps on indexing on my system

Why spotlight keeps on indexing on my system

I have a but issue with Spotlife in my system. I a not able to use it properly. It just keeps on indexing new stuff. It does not stop doing the same. I have a error also that says the system might have pending files to be indexed. I am unable to find a solution for the same. I have a iMac system. what should I dot stop this thing. My system is slow due to this. I hope there will be some way of fixing this.

Re: Why spotlight keeps on indexing on my system

You will need to configure the settings back again to fix the issue. You can do that through System Preferences. Go in that and then click on Spotlight. Then click on Privacy tab and choose the User. That's it. You have to reset the settings and then you can try back. This will be enough to fix the issue. Just check if everything is proper or not and then check back.

Go in Activity Monitor. You can find that inside Applications. Just click on Utilities. In that you can find a cpu tab. Click on that and see which app is causing too much of ram. The issue occur due to mdworker. You have to end it and try to reboot your system. This is a common issue for mac system who have a large size storage. I was also not able to find a proper solution for the same.