Thread: Using Tikona WiBro with Ubuntu 10.10

Using Tikona WiBro with Ubuntu 10.10

I have come here to seek some help from you all. I have a tikona wibro and I have just mixed reactions toward it. Recently I have decided to change my operating system and from windows xp I have changed to Linux ubuntu 10.10. After changing to ubuntu I required the configuration settings of the tikona people. So that’s why I called up the tikona people regarding this matter and asked some technical details for how to connect to Tikona from Ubuntu Linux. Well the response was not heartening and I had to put off their call. While now I am hoping that you will be able to help me something on this issue. so do send in your suggestions for this particular problem.

Re: Using Tikona WiBro with Ubuntu 10.10

For the connection you will have to make sure that the wifi card that you have placed in the system is getting recognized properly by the system. if it is not getting then I am very sorry to say that your wifi card is not compatible with the existing system. so you cannot go ahead with the network connection process. If it is compatible then you will have to click on the Network icon on the desktop and accordingly setup a new connection in the system. You will have to carry out the necessary steps that is mentioned in the network setup wizard. You will be able to setup the connection properly.

Hey thanks for the information. I have checked my card in the system and the card is readily getting recognized by the system. Well I am not so clear with the steps that you have given above. The main factor is setting up the network wizard. If you could elaborate more on that topic then it would be very grateful for me. I am not clear with the setup procedure that I have to carry on. As of now I am hoping that you will be able to help me out with the suggestions. So do send me your responses I am waiting for it.

Yes, I would like to surely help you out with the problem. Once have you clicked the Network icon on the taskbar then you will have to follow the steps that I have mentioned here
    1) Select the option which specifies that connection to hidden wireless network. On having done that you will get a network windows which will be specified with the name of the broadband manufacturer and the wireless security mentioned.
    2) In the next windows you will have to configure many other details like the user name and the password details that you will have to specify for your own security.
    3) On addition to that you will be asked to enter the keyring" password which is a special feature of ubuntu for more security of your account.
    4) After having done that you will have to select the connect button and the connection will get established between your system and the modem.
    Well this was the simple steps that you had to carry out. I hope you are clear with all the suggestions that I have given here.

I need to thank you all for the information and the steps that you have given. It really helped me. since I was unclear of all the steps and the methods that we have to do while setting up a new network in the system. so that’s why I thought asking you all would be a better option for me. Anyways now the confusions and all have cleared out and I have successfully setup the connection. So thanks a lot for it.