Thread: SBS 2008 company web

SBS 2008 company web

Newer SBS user so forgive me if this is a simple question. I have searched but havent found the answer. I have an SBS 2008 server. The company website locally works all the time, remotely however every few days the website stops working and when a user tries to connect an error occurs saying cannot connect to the server. From the SBS consol if I run "set up your internet address" it corrects the problem. Clearly I dont want to have to keep running this every few days or also if no-one is around to run it. My IP address for the server is static (both locally and externally from ISP). Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Re: SBS 2008 company web

In this case I want you to just use the web host that will allow you have an access on the website . Actually for webhosting you need to pay for the same where the website will be hosted for you by any other user. And according to me the SBS is a public web host which is not good because it may harm the data which is stored by you. And if you want to share the files on the network then try and use the FTP sharing on the server itself and if you have the appropriate rights then you will be provided the access over the data you want.

I am not hosting a website with my server, but rather referring to "companyweb". For a non-local user to login to our server they go to subdomain.Name.com as the URL. Typically this works fine. Approximately after 3 or 4 days, when non-local users try to access subdomain.Name.com, they get the error "cannot connect to server". If we run "set up your internet address" in the SBS consol it corrects the problem, but we would not like to have to run it every 3 or 4 days. Every 3 or 4 days having this issue initially I thought was an IP issue but both our local and ISP Ips are static.

You should check that if you have the right DNS server IP address to the TCP/IP properties. You can try "ipconfig /all" within the console window and after that try to compare that through the same on other machines where ping "companyweb.domain" is working fine.